UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Need Display Advice

Is anyone using the IKEA Klingsbo glass cabinet for Minimates? I like that it is lockable as I'm thinking about putting it in my office at work. It has some of the best reviews on Amazon.

klingsbo-glass-door-cabinet__79343_PE202

I can't really figure out what the bottom shelf is for other than stability. What is the pattern on the bottom shelf? I'm probably going to have to assemble it over a weekend or my co-workers are going to wonder what the hell I'm doing.

Lastly, I'm a bit concerned that the Minimates will look tiny on the shelves without some type of platforms or something. Any ideas?

These look very similar to the ones Zach had at C2E2 for the Minimates Display. If you put a dozen or more (loosley spaced you could probably get 30+) on each shelf, they should look fine. Zach's did not sit off the ground and thus had no fancy lower shelf though, sorry I cannot tell you what it is for. :P

Where do you work that they would let you set that up?

If you can hang something on the wall get an acrylic display case for 1/64 cars (matchbox, Hotwheels) and turn it sideways - perfect for minimates.

Pictures?