UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hey gang...

TM2 Dinobot

Well, as some of you know, I move out of the house for the summer. Things haven't been the same sense. First it was 3 months without internet, followed closely by an overdrawn bank account, due to the requirement of gas to return home and a bungle with paypal. This was all brought to a head during hurricane Ike, where in my room mate lost both his apartment and his girlfriend in the same day. Yes, she dumped him during the hurricane. Our house was fine, but we lofe everything in the fridge/freeze, and have been eating off MREs even now. This has been all capped off by the grand poobah of all:

I am no longer allowed to collect toys.

That's right ladies and gents. MMs, TFs, GIJoe, Spidey, everything is off limits. I was informed that if I wasted money on one more action figure while I was living at home, well, I wouldn't be living at home any more. I was told that I had to save every scrap of cash I got.

And to round out a bad situation, today I was informed that unless I get off my book and get a job, I was going to be out on the street anyways. Which I think my brother is activly rooting for... <_< (don't tell him I said that though)

Yeah, so that's my life. I haven't bought toys in 2 months, and I may soon not be fed and then be on my own. Fun.

Either way, that's why I haven't been around. If I have any free time, I'll try and pop in, but... what am I without toys? :?

EDIT: Though, I just realized I'm bitching about childrens play things. Now I just feel silly.

Well, as some of you know, I move out of the house for the summer. Things haven't been the same sense. First it was 3 months without internet, followed closely by an overdrawn bank account, due to the requirement of gas to return home and a bungle with paypal. This was all brought to a head during hurricane Ike, where in my room mate lost both his apartment and his girlfriend in the same day. Yes, she dumped him during the hurricane. Our house was fine, but we lofe everything in the fridge/freeze, and have been eating off MREs even now. This has been all capped off by the grand poobah of all:

I am no longer allowed to collect toys.

That's right ladies and gents. MMs, TFs, GIJoe, Spidey, everything is off limits. I was informed that if I wasted money on one more action figure while I was living at home, well, I wouldn't be living at home any more. I was told that I had to save every scrap of cash I got.

And to round out a bad situation, today I was informed that unless I get off my book and get a job, I was going to be out on the street anyways. Which I think my brother is activly rooting for... <_< (don't tell him I said that though)

Yeah, so that's my life. I haven't bought toys in 2 months, and I may soon not be fed and then be on my own. Fun.

Either way, that's why I haven't been around. If I have any free time, I'll try and pop in, but... what am I without toys? :?

EDIT: Though, I just realized I'm bitching about childrens play things. Now I just feel silly.

All i can say is :sad: . You will be missed.

Sorry to hear that, man. Costs from Gustav have kept my checking account really low, and I have been trying to sell stuff on eBay just to make ends meet, but your situation obviously sounds much worse. Regarding food, living in LA all my life, I have learned to throw stuff out of the fridge before hurricanes hit. The smell of perishable food gone bad when power goes out, is amongst the worst smells I've ever encountered. Hope things improve for you soon.

Thanks yall. I'm currently in a holding pattern. I don't know if I've told any of yall this, but I'm writing a book. I'm just a few chapters shy of finishing. That's what I've been doing all summer. I am so close to finishing I can taste it. So I'll be selling some of my stuff just to appease those who require appeasing. Thankfully I'm not down to minimates yet. When I get there, I'll let yall know. I'll be in deep kimchi.

Thanks yall. I'm currently in a holding pattern. I don't know if I've told any of yall this, but I'm writing a book. I'm just a few chapters shy of finishing. That's what I've been doing all summer. I am so close to finishing I can taste it. So I'll be selling some of my stuff just to appease those who require appeasing. Thankfully I'm not down to minimates yet. When I get there, I'll let yall know. I'll be in deep kimchi.

Is it a book about toys? :lol:

Seriously, we can't even imagine how you must be right now. But writing a book sounds interesting to do while you can't collect toys, and i'd love o read a rough copy when it's done.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Okay, so, really sad update. My room mate lost his apartment in the hurricane, right? So his mother had to move in with him. Something you may not (well, definitely won't) know is that she is an amputee. She's diabetic and had to have her right leg taken off several years ago. She is also currently going through total kidney shut down, so she's at dialysis almost every day.

Well, she got an infection in her remaining foot, and my mate took her to the emergency room. They kept her for a few days to see what it'd do. I get a tearful call from him yesterday, telling me that the infection is too bad and her blood circulation is too low, and they're going to have to take his mom's other leg.

Now I feel like crap. :( It was hard enough on me just getting that phone call. I can't even imagine what the two of them must feel like. :( If you're in a talkative mood, they could use the Prayers. His name is Dave and hers is Barbra.

Okay, so, really sad update. My room mate lost his apartment in the hurricane, right? So his mother had to move in with him. Something you may not (well, definitely won't) know is that she is an amputee. She's diabetic and had to have her right leg taken off several years ago. She is also currently going through total kidney shut down, so she's at dialysis almost every day.

Well, she got an infection in her remaining foot, and my mate took her to the emergency room. They kept her for a few days to see what it'd do. I get a tearful call from him yesterday, telling me that the infection is too bad and her blood circulation is too low, and they're going to have to take his mom's other leg.

Now I feel like crap. :( It was hard enough on me just getting that phone call. I can't even imagine what the two of them must feel like. :( If you're in a talkative mood, they could use the Prayers. His name is Dave and hers is Barbra.

I'm about to cry, so i'll pray for them tonight. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I can't imagine wat this family is going through. Tell them Tony has them in his thoughts for me, alright?

Sorry bro. I've been there. Look at it this way. Sell all your toys for now and pay the bills. When the smoke clears and you have some spare cash again, start over. The fun is in the hunt.