UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toyfare scans of articles, ads, etc.

I'm not sure if anyone else has done anything like this or not, but I was bored today so I started a little project. I found a bunch of my old Toyfare magazines and Wizards and I started looking through them for old pictures of Minimates. It was fun so I decided to start scanning anything minimate related and they are in my photobucket album.

Lots of cool old pictures from the beginning of the line, neat Art Asylum ads, funny Toyfare stuff and all kinds of other minimate related crap. It's a work in progress. I'm pretty much concentrating on Toyfare and Wizard, with some stuff from Previews thrown in if I can find it.

Check it out and enjoy!

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l243/jhollick/minimates/

I realize that most, if not all, of these pictures, articles and other information have been posted on other minimates sites. This was just done for my own curiosity and desire to archive what I have about minimates in those magazines. It's interesting to me to look at this stuff in the context of the dates the magazines came out and the other products being released at the time. I still have a chunk of mags to find and go through, but this was a good start.

I found a few more issues of Toyfare. There is a great old article about Minimates in number 103 that I added and a Minimates mention in Ultimate Fantastic Four which can't be a coincidence. Also some stuff from Toy Fair one year with the unproduced BSG vehicles and Speed Racer figures. Again... interesting stuff, so enjoy.

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l243/jhollick/minimates/