UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minecraft

So I've become aware of Minecraft recently. I know the maker has sold 7 million copies, 4 of those this year alone. I was watching some youtube videos (Yogscast) and I kinda want to get it. I just want to know if anyone else has it first? On the multiplayer, you just log onto yours (or whoever's) server, right?

I've read the Wikipedia page. here's my real question. I want to play with my sister (who doesn't live with me). As I understand it, we both need a copy of the game. Then we can get on multiplayer, log onto my ISP# and play together. If we have mics, can we talk? Those are really my main points.

supposedly...

"One of them needs to host the game, which requires port forwarding and can be a little technical, but I'm sure there'll be guides online that will help. The game itself has a text-based chat feature but you can't talk to each other using mics. To do that you'll have to run Skype or something alongside it (which is easy to do, but you'll need a decent internet connection.)"

I own it and it is amazing. Right now the game is still in beta so it has bad glitches and such. However, the sheer endlessness (no exaggeration in that word) makes it worth it. Also, yeah, the MC servers are all name/ip type in to log in. There isn't like a Steam or standard PC game style UI....but whatever it's awesome.

Minecraft is sooooo last yr ;)

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=4794&view=findpost&p=168216 - I never got around to setting that server up.

Sounds like a perfect chilling with your sister while you catchup type game. Some things to consider though...

1) If you want to play online one of you will have to a) Find someone willing to let you onto their server or B) host a server, which means either having a very meaty PC or an extra one running just the server. You'll also need a fixed IP address so the other can connect to it. If you're not pretty PC savvy then it can suck trying to work out all the details.

2) It's one of those games that you need to put a lot into it to get anything out of, Also it's kind of addictive...

T.