UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Possible Tomar Re GL?

I picked up this set of figures last night and have gotten the idea of trimming the head down to fit a minimate body:

2011-03-20_00-05-25_779-600x342.jpg

I think it'd be supremely keen to have a proper Tomar Re but the head is really giving me trouble since the neck is tilted and his jaw is kind of in the way.

Anybody else thought about doing this?

Yeah, I thought about it, and was planning on doing it... until I saw it in person. I just don't think it will work; the head's too small, and that tilt is a problem. Shame, because I really would like a Tomar. But Luke made a very nice decal set, which is available at the Factory, which I'll probably use someday.

But it is definitely possible to use an Action League head on a Minimate body... if I can pimp my stuff for a minute... I made a rather successful Demon using this technique:

http://dinosaursinf14s.blogspot.com/2010/11/minimate-customs-demon-and-bonuses.html

Edited by hellpop

I bought two (to also make Romat-Ru or whatever the Sinestro one is called too) for just this purpose (and will be buying a series 3 Saint Walker for the same cause)

The head works fine but you need to sand the neck down, it's at a weird angle. I can take a picture of the haven't-got-around-to-working-on torsos sometime tomorrow if you need to see the head stuck on a minimate body.

I bought two (to also make Romat-Ru or whatever the Sinestro one is called too) for just this purpose (and will be buying a series 3 Saint Walker for the same cause)

The head works fine but you need to sand the neck down, it's at a weird angle. I can take a picture of the haven't-got-around-to-working-on torsos sometime tomorrow if you need to see the head stuck on a minimate body.

I'd love to!

I also started working on mine while not having had sleep after staying up all night, so I've gotten kind of discouraged with this project. Seeing your picture might be the kick in the pants I need!

tomarrecomestoday.png

I'll take some better pictures tomorrow, but here's the basic idea...

also, I just tossed their heads onto Hal and Sinestro's bodies to give them a better more complete look then just showing them on two cobbled together bases, which is why Tomar's eatting a hotdog (He's Hal from the Goddamn Batman... I think the hot dog scene is funny.)

Low is included for fun, also I think Low is awesome.