UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Comic Book question for those in the know about the 90's X-men universe.

MINI_MYTE

Can anybody give me a brief description about the time machines that Cable and Bishop used respectively to travel back in time with. Were the TMs platforms of vehicles? Could you also describe (if possible) how the re-entry looked? Was there bright lights or crackling of energy? Was the environment around them disturbed in some way. If somebody could provide a scan of this, that would be awesome.or if someone could point out some key back issues I could look up myself. Thanks for your help.

I thought one of the two other team members that Bishop came back with, to pursue Trevor Fitzroy, could manipulate time. When He/She was killed Bishop became trapped in the present and joined the X-men. I don't have the books any more but I want to say the energy effect was the standard swirling vortex. As for Cable, if I remember right, was sent into the future by Scott and Jean via one of Gateways portals and I thought he returned with Dooms time platform.

Of course its been 20 years since I've read these issues so this could be complete rubbish.

Edited by BannersID

Bishop's latest time machine:

His current right arm is a prosthetic, stolen from Forge. A nuclear powered battle ready arm, incorporates in its design a time-travel device, the ability to channel his energy blasts through, and enhanced strength and resilience. It has since been destroyed after Bishop tried to use it to time travel from 6700 A.D. to 2010 to kill Cable and Hope Summers due to Cable tampering with the time travelling device within it.

I got it from wikipedia

Can't find any pix at the moment, but wasn't Cable's time travel tied to his teleporting "Bodyslide" ability that was part of his orbital base, Greymalkin?

Greymalkin was later destroyed and parts of it were combined with Asteroid M to create "Avalon", the refuge for Magneto's acolytes. The central core of Greymalkin was later recovered by Cable, if I remember correctly.

For reference material, I would recommend the early X-Force issues and the X-Cutioner's Song crossover.

Edited by youbastards

Banner is really close on this.

Bishop originally traveled back in time via a time portal created by Trevor Fitzroy, his mutant power is time travel. The two other guys that came through, Malcolm and Randall, had some other power that totally escapes me. I think it was the power to get killed without any character development, but I'm not sure if that's canon.

Cable, on the other hand, originally went to the future via an Askani warrior who had the ability to time slide. It was mechanical in nature, but I'm not sure if they ever described how it actually worked. Same goes with most of cable's appearances through the 90s, he would time slide in but it was never really explained how. At least, not that I can remember.

Hope that helps!