UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Are there any long gloves?

I'm thinking of doing a custom of a character that wars elbow length gloves but they aren't skin tight like Phoenix's so painting them on might look crap. Are the any long gloves or maybe elbow pads or maybe even knee pads could maybe work if any are out there.

Thanks

Just off the top of my head...

All of the Ghostbusters in uniform have elbow pads (example), but it looks like it would take a bit of trim work.

The Razor Cylons have long gloves, but they aren't smooth.

Some C3ers had long gloves: Batgirl, Batman, Catwoman.

If you want 2.5" there is the Uruk-hai Crossbowman.

Then there's always Marvel: Captain America, Neo-Classic Iron Man, Silver Centurion, Wasp, Moon Knight, Susan Richards, Titanium Man.

:D

I'm thinking of doing a custom of a character that wars elbow length gloves but they aren't skin tight like Phoenix's so painting them on might look crap. Are the any long gloves or maybe elbow pads or maybe even knee pads could maybe work if any are out there.

Thanks

i don't think that there are because of the elbow joint. could use a sleeve cuff up past the elbow joint and paint the arm so it looks tight round the forearm, but also like it loosens off around the biceps?

EDIT: Oops - this has been answered elsewhere.

do the mods wanna merge or delete this one?

Edited by Nessex

I know Miss Marvel has elbow-length gloves, the problem is they're asymmetrical near the shoulder and have a very feminine shape to them.

I think Nessex's idea is still the best though. It's also helpful to remember that Minimate arms can be disassembled at the elbow joint with some gentle coaxing; you can save time on painting by finding a lower arm the color of the glove you want and then combine it with a flesh-colored upper arm, then just paint over the elbow joint area.

Usually the elbows aren't as delicate as the knee joints; I can imagine you'd put them back together as easily as you would any other Minimate ball joint. I found this out just very recently, I probably would not recommend taking apart a Minimate knee without some serious customizing experience though.