UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Changes in Minimates...?

pawcanada

I appreciate if this topic might be better off else, so please by all means feel free to merge, close, whatever as needed.

I was working on my Mon-El custom earlier after noticing Wave 31 Mar-vell's legs, being "naturally" red and blue would cut about half the painting and re-painting I need to do. I then decided to pose him next to my Superman mate so I could take some photos for here, my blog and a very wip site, when I noticed he "refused" to stand on one of the numerious BrickArms stands I've picked up over the last year. However Superman, along with other DC mates in my collection, had no problem doing so. I took their feet off and realised Mon-El's was a little bit smaller than Supe's, but enough for the "C3 hole" to have shrunk to the point where it wouldn't fit comfortably on the stands. I was wondering if a) anyone else have notice this with feet and B) noticed other small changes in minimates.

And slight tangent, I know Luke has listed some smaller transparent stands recently which I've been meaning to buy. However in light of the "smaller feet" issue, does anyone know if they'll work where the BrickArm stands have failed?

Edited by pawcanada

I'm not so sure that mine is a case of 'small feet', but my Vulture from the Spiderman: Friends and Foes set definitely had smaller and shallower holes in the bottoms of his feet which made it very difficult to get him to stand one a flight stand. I had to *really* push the flight stand into the bottom of his foot with a fair amount of force.

i've certainly experienced this before, its quite annoying when trying to get them onto a pegged base (mega bloks, lego, etc.)

this does happen with all/most parts though, I think its just the sort of anomalies you have to expect from anything mass produced in such quantities. Even ignoring old differences like non C3 feet, different pegs on the torso... get together a big load of loose parts, you're bound to find various dimensional differences... however slight.