UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A question concerning C3 arms...

Customizer

Long ago i owned a LOTR mini' and i recall that the range of motion in the arms wasnt what i expected (i.e. limited lateral motion).

I read recently that DC minimates have a greater degree of arm movement / range of motion in the arms. IS this true? How much more are we talking here (i.e. like Kubricks legs which allow the figure to do the splits completely )?

Also...has anyone sanded the interior socket on teh legs to allow for a greater degree of movement in that area (or is there something making that impossible that i cant see from the pics)?

Any and all help is appreciated :-)

Depending on wether your LOTR mini was 2.5" or 2" the C3 minis will have a different range of movement as they were all 2"

I beleive the DC minis are using the standard 2" body type and the 2.5" type also used by LOTR.

I never found the range of movement for the arms limited in any body type though...

As for the legs, I havent seen anyone try it...

Thanks Ady'...

I actually was going to PM you with the question but decided i might as well place it on the boards. IT wasnt that the arm movement was severly limited ...just that the arm couldnt extend out to the sides 90 degrees. Not a HUGE deal but at the time (way back) it was a bit of a momentum killer.

Cant wait to experiment... loads of customs await.

If you mean 90 degrees out when the arms are facing the sides, then no Mini can do that as the arm piece would fall off the peg.

YellowBlank3.jpg

The early figs (like the 2003 yellow promo) had smaller pegs so the range was a bit better as shown above. The downside was that the socket couldn't grip the peg at all so the arms were very loose and flimsy.

AHHHH a picture is worth 1,000 words. Big thanks for that pic.

I cant elp but think of the range of motion Stikfas have in the arms and wonder why Mates cant do the same. Ill have to see these up close in order to gauge the peg size difference/set up difference.

THanks again for the pic..

Glad to have helped :) "A picture is worth 1000 words" - which is why Minimates Central has thousands of pictures ;)

For almost everyone I'm guessing the slight restriction in the arms is acceptable to have tighter shoulder joints.

The range of motion Minimates have in this scale is fantastic and you won't see many complaints.