UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

World Cup 2006

Shanester

And Germany Advances. 4-2 over Argentina in Penalty Kicks!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as Sweeden's gone now, I'm cheering for England, but I think Brazil's gonna take it home...

BTW: After Sweeden got the boot, I was cheering for Spain, but they got booted too, So then I started cheering for England!

In not sure if I want you cheering for us, I think you're cursed :P

Seeing as Sweeden's gone now, I'm cheering for England, but I think Brazil's gonna take it home...

BTW: After Sweeden got the boot, I was cheering for Spain, but they got booted too, So then I started cheering for England!

In not sure if I want you cheering for us, I think you're cursed :P

Well It's a fact. I'm cursed. Portugal beats England 3-1 in Penalty Kicks! DAMN!

I'm starting a fund to buy the refereee some F^&King Glasses...

Anyone want to chip in?

England, one player needlessly red carded, qtr finals and penalties...When is this s$%t going to get old?

T.

*cries*

Dunno if you saw it over there Tim, but after the match the beeb showed footage of Christiano Ronaldo nutting Wayne Rooney from behind before the whistle had even blown for kick off. Can anyone fathom why Carraghers penalty had to be retaken?

And what an upset! France beats Brazil 1-nil in regular time!

Dunno if you saw it over there Tim, but after the match the beeb showed footage of Christiano Ronaldo nutting Wayne Rooney from behind before the whistle had even blown for kick off. Can anyone fathom why Carraghers penalty had to be retaken?

I think he took his shot before the referee blew his whistle and the Portuguese goalie whined that he "wasn't ready"! :angry:

The Portuguese whined to the ref the entire match, the REf didn't actually see Roonie strafe that portuguese player's nuts, it was the opponents who ran over and protested that swayed the ref ~ up until then he hadn't even been looking at Rooney during that insident. :angry:

I think it's true that England never tries to influence the ref in that way ~ maybe we should have started with Diego Maradonna! :angry:

Anybody see that wink from Ronaldo right after Rooney got sent off? :angry::angry:

Beckham looked angry that I think ~ were it not for his injured foot and missing a boot ~ he might have provided us with a whole new definition of "Golden Balls"!! :angry:

I don't blame Rooney one bit ~ I judge him to be a victim of Sven's useless system of leaving a sole striker high and dry up front with no one to support him, and Sven's stupid decision to take Walcott ~ whose boots never touched the pitch ~ instead of another striker. Everytime that kid got the ball he felt under pressure to do something magical with it, and that was once the other players had stopped sending him ridiculously long passes that overshot him by miles ~ did anyone else notice that? :angry:

I thought our ten men deserved to win through to the semi~finals, they were heroic.

In hindsight, Lennon should have stayed in the game, since he was pretty good at getting past the Portugese defence, and Carragher added no value in the penalty shoot~out.

Yah Good Riddnace to Erikson!! :angry:

Too bad that that looks like it was Beckham's last World Cup match.

^^^**Sigh** Yes indeed they do. :(

I was saddened to see David Beckham choking back tears while reading his resignation statement. Some fear that he may never play for England again. :(

I just found out yesterday from my sister, that she and her partner were actually at the Trinidad & Torbago match and spent the week in Germany. She said that seeing England play was "magic", and that Germany was fantastically well organised and clean. She's used to taking 3 hours to get in and out of stadia to watch Reading play, and had great praise for the autobahns and fan parks in Nuremberg. (Not so wild about the rickety Fokker 80 they made the last part of their journey in though when they had to turn back! :blink: ) She said the Germans were fantastic hosts and the atmosphere was really great and friendly, even at five in the afternoon in all that heat, and when the beer had been flowing since breakfast!!

The Germans attendents saw the English fans throwing inflatable spitfires around and just laughed because they thought it was funny! :P

The only thing the Germans seem to have an issue with was flags that were too big, they did take a couple of large flags off of fans, but beyond that, everything was brilliant! :)

Well, it's France vs. Italy in the Championship Game and Portugal vs. Germany in the 3rd Place game. France is going to win it all........ :)

I have to say I'm sorry to see Portugal exit the world cup.

The competition simply won't be the same without their inventive, endearing and always entertaining antics.

F*** it.

Let's all laugh at Portugal

la la la laaa

la la la laaa!

:D

France beat Italy?! Not in this reality my friend. Italy is going to walk all over France. Its going to be brutal for the froggies.

Italy are playing out of their skins right now. And, for a change they're not the all-diving all-cheating allstars they've usually been. I think they're going to destroy France. I'm disappointed Germany went out the other night. I really wanted to see them go all the way after England bowed out. From all accounts they've been excellent hosts.

:D

Normally, I'm none too happy with a one~goal win from a penalty ~ however ~ in this case I am utterly delighted! ;)

I wonder what chance there is of Ronaldo being booeed at MU as vigourously as he was last night? Did his position there just come untennable?

There needed to be a few more yellow cards handed out to persistant divers, and someone needs to tell Scolari to sit down and shut up! :angry:

I hope the Germans thrash them into fourth place on Saturday!

IMO, France don't stand an earthly against Italy, but let's hope Italy don't score too soon ~ else it will be a really boring cup final.

I think there's every chance of Ronaldo getting booed at ManUre. Rooney's the golden boy of english football. That ref really ought to have handed a few yellows out. It might have encouraged the portuguese to play football and not play act. Don't think the Italians will sit back and drag the game out. Look at the second goal against Germany. No one saw that coming (including Jens Lehmann!)

Zidane, you idiot! Why would you do that! Well, all I can say is that Zidane lost it for France. They were pretty much in control before he got the red card.

Zidane, you idiot! Why would you do that! Well, all I can say is that Zidane lost it for France. They were pretty much in control before he got the red card.

Oddly I disagree and think that Italy totally deserved to win that one....

However I agree Zidane is a total idiot... what a way to end his carreer.. he'll be known as the guy who got sent off inthe final forever now.

Congrats Italia!!

T.

btw it's crazy here, I live in 'little italy' ( Sandiego not NY :P ) and they had a big screen un in the street and the noise is incredible!!!