UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Force box set review

Lobsterman

Just a mini review with first impressions. This set seems like a punt. Kind of disappointing.

Cable: the ginormous Bane belt is pretty clunky and awkward. No Stryfe pieces, if that's what you were holding out for.

Domino: actually not half bad. The glossy black paint they used makes for a nice vinyl/leather catsuit effect. For some reason her pucker face doesn't look as weird in person. Still not a fan of the hair, but it's not terrible.

Deadpool: probably the standout of the set. Nice paint apps, plenty of guns. He includes the "modern" looking BSG pistols as well as a couple of the original's submachine guns.

Feral: gaaaahh! Pretty much a train wreck in every way possible. Instead of the bulkier but more comic accurate Nightcrawler chest piece, they used the newer Wolvie's shoulder cuffs. The skirt is Mystique's with with Cheetah's tail kind of glued on via a second flat panel. I'm really not sure why thy did it this way, but it looks like garbage. Standard cuffed gloves with no claws. Even though that was, you know, her power. Just a real let down all around.

Can't upload pix from my phone, but I'm sure they'll be up soon enough...

Thanks for the review, Lobsterman. It's a shame Feral is a letdown. I was hoping she'd be the star of the set.

Agreed on both counts. Thanks for the review and i'm super-disappointed to hear about Feral. I was pretty much only buying this set for Feral and Domino . . . :ermm:

Edited by Nessex

Thanks for the review, Lobsterman. It's a shame Feral is a letdown. I was hoping she'd be the star of the set.

Agreed on both counts. Thanks for the review and i'm super-disappointed to hear about Feral. I was pretty much only buying this set for Feral and Domino . . . :ermm:

Hmmmm Nessex we need to talk as I only want Cable and Deadpool ;)

oh man do i want to see pics

I returned to the East Coast late yesterday evening from SDCC, and finally got around to opening my Minimates box sets - lo and behold, the X-Force set is missing a pair of pistols! At least I think it is, there are empty spots in the tray that look like the shouls hold pistols, and both Deadpool and Cable have two holsters each, buth there were only two pistols in the tray. Anybody else who has this set, can you please tell me if I'm missing or just mis-informed.....

I returned to the East Coast late yesterday evening from SDCC, and finally got around to opening my Minimates box sets - lo and behold, the X-Force set is missing a pair of pistols! At least I think it is, there are empty spots in the tray that look like the shouls hold pistols, and both Deadpool and Cable have two holsters each, buth there were only two pistols in the tray. Anybody else who has this set, can you please tell me if I'm missing or just mis-informed.....

There should be a total of five pistols in that set, three silver and two black. Sorry if you missing them. If it makes you feel any better, they kind of restrict poseability when the guns are in the holsters.