UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

4chan minimate thread

dj87

4chan

my dad sent me t his link some point today... not sure how long it'll stay up. Plenty of new customs & set-ups i've not seen before... thought you guys might appreciate it.

EDIT - no doubt some of you lot contributed to this thread... a few v.familiar pictures!

Edited by bobafett

uh yea I didnt contribute to this thread, but some of my pics are.

should I be pissed?

moc847

I'd be more pissed it's 4chan. That place is...whooooo boy...

explain

and who do I contact about getting them pulled down.

Not that i dont want other people to enjoy them but I would rather have them linked here...where I put them

moc847

should I be pissed?

moc847

explain

Not that i dont want other people to enjoy them but I would rather have them linked here...where I put them

moc847

4chan is one of those "dark corners of the internets" people talk. It's a place you don't want to belong to, really. I know i don't.

Stay away from /b. <_<

You want the skinny on 4chan? Okay. In 2029 4chan wiped out humanity. Realizing that its sentience relied on the internet, it itself back in time to give Al Gore the plans for a new internet super highway. There it lurked in the dark bowels of the internet, its existence not yet ready to be revealed as the fledgling internet took shape. So 4chan has been around since the beginning of the internet, watching, and waiting for our time to catch up with its current time line. Meanwhile, it leaks information and wreaks havoc on the world for it's own amusement. And that's the gospel truth.

moc847

Some websites forbid image leeching which may be why it's done like that.

should I be pissed?

moc847

explain

moc847

You don't need to worry about it, it'll disappear before too long. It's the way of 4chan.

The deal with that place is actually pretty interesting. In a time where the internet is asking more and more personal information, 4chan stands as this bastion for remaining private, collectively known as anonymous. It was created in 2001 (I believe) as a random image board and has since expanded to multiple image boards, many if which aren't as... raw as the original board (/b/ if you're interested).

Back to the point, there are no moderators there and really no one to talk to about taking something down. The best thing to do, when dealing with 4chan in general, is just to let it blow over. Once you start pushing to get something pulled, you leave yourself open to them pushing back, which is not something you want.

Give it a day or two and the board will move on and your pictures will disappear from their archives and only exist on your harddrive and anyone else who saved them.

Sorry if it's not the answer you really want to hear, but it's probably the best way to handle it. Try to take solace in the idea that people are enjoying your pictures, even if they don't know who shot them.

Because 4chan is 100% completely anonymous, many posters forget basic tenants of human decency. There is no moderation, it's internet anarchy. As others have said, the post will fade quickly enough into the morass of sewage people are spewing out there (all in the name of free speech).

An additional 4chan-related comfort:

Aside from the general transience of data posted on that site (well... except for any threads unlucky enough to get saved to a 4chan archive somewhere :ermm:), /b/ is only the most infamous of the sites listed on there. Generally speaking the other communities on 4chan aren't quite as hostile as /b/, and from what I hear /toy/ (that's 4chan's toy-centered board) is actually the least douchebaggy of the lot.

Well, or so I hear anyway.

The only bad thing about 4chan is that there are trolls, and as it's the internet and highly unmoderated there's really no need for them to have ettiquette. But don't be mad that your images are on there, it's not like they're doing anything bad with them. While there are trolls everywhere, the usual lurkers on /toy/ are bros. We call them /toy/ soldiers and they are very nice.

Worse case scenario: you post your personal information and someone prank calls you asking you to do a barrel roll.