UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men: The End

Nessex

Well - it looks like Wolverine and the X-men will not live to see a second season.

I know it's not the most reliable source, but wiki had this to say:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_and_the_X-Men

'On April 13, 2010, Comics Continuum reported that according to an inside source a second season of the series seems very unlikely. On April 15, 2010, Marvel Animation Age confirmed the recent report that Wolverine and the X-Men will not be returning for a second season. At C2E2, the Marvel animation panel consisting of Joe Quesada, Arune Singh, and Josh Fine stated that the reason for the cancellation is because they were unable to work out the financing for the show with their financing partner.'

Damn shame if you ask me. I resisted this series as long as possible, but when i caved and watched it, i really enjoyed it. It was a great blend of classic x-men stories and new ideas mixed together to keep it interesting for old-school fans.

PLUS: The second season was rumoured to be all about the Age of Apocalypse story-line; my favourite X-over of all time!

There are meant to be a couple of petitions online begging for it's return. If you come across one, do sign it! The show had real potential.

Otherwise, RIP W&tX :(

Edited by Nessex

I enjoyed W&XM not a big fan but caught it when I saw it was on. Not really sad to see it's gone more for the fact I seem to suffer from Wolverine overdose, he seems to be in everything. This toon was the same thing to me lets push Wolverine some more.

Now give me some good news and tell me they have canned the absolutely fuggin terrible Iron Man Armoured Adventures Cartoon and I will be truly happy. IMAA is a red and gold armoured turd of a show, bad animation, bad stories, bad concepts of the comic heroes and villains just all round terrible.

Hey Guys,

If anyone's interested: here are a couple of online petitions to have Wolverine and the X-Men saved. Get in there and sign them if you enjoyed the show.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/save-w...-the-x-men.html

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveWatxm

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1061...f=nf&v=info

You have the power!

bit of a coincidence that this is relatively new news... watched the entire first series again yesterday/today, only noticing that info on the wiki page. Thought the 2nd season was a cert.

A real shame, v.much enjoyed it... though the Wolverine love and treatment of Scott was appalling. I'll be signing those petitions... can't do any harm!

Ugh, this too? I forgot to mention this in my ECCC post, but they're thinking of doing a movie for The Spectacular Spider-Man. Why do good shows like this have to get canceled? It's not fair that there's so much trash on tv that get to go on.

Marvel's letting all of their good cartoons get canned. Super lame!

Marvel's letting all of their good cartoons get canned. Super lame!

Thinking about it a little bit I would guess the reasoning for the ending of these Marvel cartoons is to do with the the Marvel/Disney merger. At C2E2, the Marvel animation panel consisting of Joe Quesada, Arune Singh, and Josh Fine stated that the reason for the cancellation is because they were unable to work out the financing for the show with their financing partner. I'm going more on the lines of Disney nuked it

I would guess that Disney will want the cartoons under their own in house sort of thing.

A real shame, v.much enjoyed it... though the Wolverine love and treatment of Scott was appalling. I'll be signing those petitions... can't do any harm!

Yeah - i agree that making it all about Wolverine kind of bummed me out (in fact, it's why i initially refused to watch it). But i'll take too much Wolverine in my X-Men over no X-Men at all :(