UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Losers

minimadman

I saw The Losers tonight and I liked it. I have not yet read the comics so I went in as a blank slate but I had two problems with the movie. 1. Jason Patrick plays the bad guy role way over the top, to a ridiculous extent. 2. In case the spoiler box is not a dead giveaway it is filled with SPOILERS!

There is no real pay off. The movie kind of just ends with quite a few questions unanswered. Which is strange because a movie like this isn't one where a sequel is guaranteed and the main villain just walks away leaving these guys as fugitives to I guess chase him down again.

Aside from those 2 areas there is a lot to enjoy about this movie. With the exception of Idris Elba I thought that the cast meshed very well, Columbus Short and Chris Evans especially. Chris Evans looked very convincing doing the action which in turn makes me more confident that Marvel made the right decision casting him as Captain America. The Losers was a very good time I enjoyed it more than Kick Ass but they are really 2 very different movies.

Edited by minimadman

The Losers isn't making money. Neither is Kick-Ass while on topic. The Losers opened in 4th behind Date Night, Backup Plan, and How to Train Your Dragon. Kick-Ass already made it's money back but for a new release like The Losers it's not good. Gonna go see The Losers on Tuesday and we'll see how it turns out to be.

I saw it on Friday and I loved it! I too was disappointed a bit by the ending though, and there NEEDS to be a sequel, but I don't think it will happen, the theater was practically empty :confused: Not a good sign for a 10:30 show on its opening night. The action was great and the mix of comedy was perfect, and the cast worked very well together. I will be buying this when it comes to DVD, very fun movie.

BS