UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Edge2100's New Customs

I will post some pictures of my work so far later on tonight. But for now, just wondering what you customizers think. I've been working on Street Fighter and V for Vendetta customs.

Characters:

Sagat

Ken

Guile

Vega

Zangief--does anyone know if his mohawk runs down the back of his head, or is it just on top, I was never sure.

Balrog

Dhalsim

Blanka

Maybe Cammy--haven't decided if I will make her, she might turn into Eve from V.

Here are my questions for pondering:

1. Vega: would it be better to decal the mask on, or sculpt the mask on? Would it be better to do both? sculpt a flat mask and decal the 'face' on? (Same question goes for V for Vendetta guy). As opposed to, sculpting the mask with eye holes and painting the features on. I ordered something similar to apoxie sculpt 'amazing sculpt' because it was significantly cheaper--running out of money for these projects haha.

Some other background info:

I am using acryl paint--haven't done any clear coats though--not so sure yet what the best practice would be for that.

I have never used decals before, I just ordered a laser decal sheet from Luke's store. I went ahead and drew all of Sagat and Balrog's features. I would like to try and decal everyone else though to make it look more professional--face and torso for everyone. I'm afraid it is too late for Sagat and Balrog it would be impossible to match the paint again.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by edge2100

Good luck on all your customs! Here are some suggestions:

Zangief's 'hawk goes all the way down his head.

I'd try to sculpt and decal, BUT if you are worrided that you can't sculpt it perfectly flat, you could cut out the masks from a slip on head-piece.

Hope that helps

• 4 weeks later...

OK so after quite a few weeks, months? I have finally created a bunch of people I have always wanted to own. I am still needing to work on Ken, so he is out. We have (going across) Dhalsim, Blanka, Sagat, Balrog, Vega, Zangief, Guile, V for Vendetta, some group shots with the factory M. Bison, Akuma, Ryu and Chun Li. Then there are some U2 shots with the famous trabant, and then they are posing as they would on All that you can't leave behind album. Then there is a picture of Conan O'Brien lighting the NBC sign on fire.

I kind of had to cheat on V because I couldn't create the face really well. Guile's decals and all the chest decals came from the minimatefactory as you know, however Dhalsim and Blanka are my handy work, the others have painted/drawn on faces. I also used Magic Sculpt to make all the hair and hats etc. They are all sprayed with clear coat except for Blanka and Dhalsim because I literally finished them minutes ago! Special thanks to the groundhog we all know and love for supplying some much needed parts!

Hope you all enjoy, if you have any customizing suggestions for improvement, please let me know!

I'm not sure the best way to load this up-so here goes:

post-2939-1273629548_thumb.jpg

post-2939-1273629977_thumb.jpg

post-2939-1273629998_thumb.jpg

post-2939-1273630011_thumb.jpg

post-2939-1273630029_thumb.jpg

post-2939-1273630047_thumb.jpg

post-2939-1273630068_thumb.jpg

post-2939-1273630086_thumb.jpg

post-2939-1273630105_thumb.jpg

post-2939-1273630118_thumb.jpg

post-2939-1273630133_thumb.jpg

post-2939-1273630148_thumb.jpg

post-2939-1273630172_thumb.jpg

post-2939-1273630190_thumb.jpg

post-2939-1273630211_thumb.jpg

post-2939-1273630587_thumb.jpg

Edited by edge2100

AMAZING....

Thank you! I know some people are bored with SF, but it was driving me nuts that we were missing some key players. I still find SF to be a bit more transparent than Halo or more modern video games for some reason--perhaps some would disagree.