UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG Minimates Solicited

BigBadToyStore.com is already taking pre-orders for each Cylon case (no individuals mentioned). I just ordered one of each for $53.99 per case. Not a huge discount, however, it should cover the shipping ($9.something)cost. I couldn't wait for the Previews solicitation on Wed. (sorry Xy!). Looks like Feb. is the earliest that we can expect these(damn!). Hopefully, the full-line will follow soon after.

ALRIGHTY FOLKS!

Pre-orders are up at stuckakid ... Classic and Modern cases for $51.99 a piece.

CLASSIC CYLON CASES

MODERN CYLON CASES

Also, be sure to check out out new pre-order menu ... chock full of goodies like those wicked-bad import Marvel lead figurines. Also, the Absolute Sandman vol. 1 for the nice stuckakid discount ...

NEW PRE-ORDER MENU @ STUCKAKID

The 'kid loves ya!

Just read this thread - is it really gonna be 2007? The rest of 2006 is gonna suck donkey's balls then. I had such high hopes in the Spring - SF2 had been released, DC and BSG were coming, and it took the emphasis off the lack of Marvel a little. Now, it's just horrible.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont get why their releasing them? it'll be like the lotr mates, no1 will buy them! which will mean i get them on sale in afew months :D

~edit~ *moved this post and the one below from the "Definitive List" thread to a regular discussion thread*

I really like the way these are looking and plan to get them. Does anyone know if these Are going to be sold in stores like TRU or Target or are they just going to be in the specialty or online shops? Sorry if this was posted elsewhere.

I really like the way these are looking and plan to get them. Does anyone know if these Are going to be sold in stores like TRU or Target or are they just going to be in the specialty or online shops? Sorry if this was posted elsewhere.

It was originally stated that TRU would be carrying these(back when classic was first followed by modern...for Oct.), but who knows if that's still the plan. Never heard about Target, although seeing how they seem to carry more MMs than TRU lately, it would seem a better possibility. Hopefully we get some "official" news soon.

These assortment have never been mentioned as being available to mass market. These assortments are Specialty only.

Perhaps future assortments will be available, but I don't see it happening just yet.

From my understanding, the "2-packs" are specialty-market (shops that order through diamond previews)and the "4-packs" were to be a TRU exclusive(at least initially). Why would they sell the 4-packs in the same specialty-market that is carrying 2-packs? That makes no sense what-so-ever! Also, if history repeats itself, the 4-packs should be more economical(like the Marvel sets).

From my understanding, the "2-packs" are specialty-market (shops that order through diamond previews)and the "4-packs" were to be a TRU exclusive(at least initially).

True and are much later were just offered in previews for the old sets.

Why would they sell the 4-packs in the same specialty-market that is carrying 2-packs? That makes no sense what-so-ever! Also, if history repeats itself, the 4-packs should be more economical(like the Marvel sets).

:blink: Yes I agree so not sure what you are saying. I thought we were only speaking for these BSG sets and it was never mentioned to be available to mass.

From my understanding, the "2-packs" are specialty-market (shops that order through diamond previews)and the "4-packs" were to be a TRU exclusive(at least initially).

True and are much later were just offered in previews for the old sets.

Why would they sell the 4-packs in the same specialty-market that is carrying 2-packs? That makes no sense what-so-ever! Also, if history repeats itself, the 4-packs should be more economical(like the Marvel sets).

:blink: Yes I agree so not sure what you are saying. I thought we were only speaking for these BSG sets and it was never mentioned to be available to mass.

Yeah, my bad. I thought that the previous poster was asking about the BSG line in "general". I see now that he was specifically asking about the "Cylon asst.s". In which, "YES" these ARE specialty-market only. This is what happens when very-little new info. is occurring; we start tripping over old topics!LOL

• 1 month later...

From the e-spectrum newsletter. What does this really mean? Are we getting cylons in December?

The Cylons Are Comming!

With the Battlestar Galactica Cylon Minimates gathering their strength to invade next month, make sure your Viper pilots are ready for action! With both modern and classic assortments on the way, each Cylon Centurion will be individually window-boxed – allowing collectors to pick and choose their favorite Toaster models for their own army of Cylons!

Also they annouce the GSXM packs are hitting Targets.

Now in Target

Only available in Target stores, be on the lookout for new Marvel Minimates! Featuring the Giant Size X-Men Storm, Nightcrawler and Colossus as well as a new blue-suit Professor X, this is your chance to add these classic Minimates to your collection! To locate a Target store near you, visit www.target.com.

Yeah I saw this earlier and tried to ignore it... I dont want to get my hopes up too much... However one of the guys at WWTexas did say they got to play with some cylons... and I dont think DST would let the public loose on proto's so... who knows :)

T.

With the Battlestar Galactica Cylon Minimates gathering their strength to invade next month, make sure your Viper pilots are ready for action! With both modern and classic assortments on the way, each Cylon Centurion will be individually window-boxed – allowing collectors to pick and choose their favorite Toaster models for their own army of Cylons!

Yeah, I was under the impression that the release date was Feb., oh well, I hope it's true. However, as far as "making sure that my Viper pilots are ready for action"...I would if I HAD any Vipers and/or pilots to prepare!!

We still haven't heard anything about when(and where) to expect the Vipers and Raiders. I also saw that bit about "individually window-boxed" and thought that it was a nice touch(much easier for dividing-up cases or for those MIB collectors). Here's hoping that my "classic" toasters will have someone to terrorize soon as well!

I thinking it was just DST's way to spice up their announcement at the expense of confusing some. They AA/DST have said to completely disregard any previous line-ups. It just sounds funny them stating to get viper pilots ready when they haven't provided any...lol :P