UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Has anyone actually tried bidding on ebay lately

rsprin

So I might be geting lazy in my old age but anymore I stick to "Buy it now" items. Twice this week I've been bidding on some golf clubs. The first time I was bidding back and forth with a guy until the last second (it's a given that if you're going to bid you have to watch the auction to the last second if you hope to win, or set your max bid a three times what it's worth, right?) Well last night I get some guy deal_sniper who recently changed his handle to hide from something bidding against me with 2 seconds left. Then I get some nasty email, etc. I sent a complaint to ebay but might as well of gone in the other room, flushed the toilet, and called it a night. Anyone else having such a wonderful time using this great site? If not for getting ready to sell of my minis based on the wonderful outpouring of new ones to keep me excited over collecting themI would have cancelled my profile all together.

:(

I don't venture out into ebay much anymore, mostly because I've found all the figures I've needed so far. I have all the Marvel figures thus far, and one of each DC character released to date. I only used LotR for parts, because the characters were too plain for my taste, and I'm waiting for shipment of my SF2 minis. Only time I browse ebay anymore is if I'm looking for a particularly ellusive part I need for customs, or if I want to kid myself in thinking I can find a Batcycle or a Batcopter complete with figure. I never had much interest in finding the old 3" figures, though scoring that bird from one of the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon figures would go a long way in one custom I'm working on.

Generally, bidding isn't worth the effort. When I actually keep the high bid come the end of the auction, the seller usually finds cool new ways to rip me off.

I know how you feel ZBF, I have the same problems. Whether I'm selling or buying folks just don't get it. A few years back I thought someone was trying to screw me over and requested their info, turns out the number they listed was to the California Child Support Enforcement Division :rolleyes: Luckily I had a address for the guy and did a reverse look up and told the dude to send me my figure. This is long before I knew Cloneme or TBT, otherwise I would have had them pay the guy a visit ;)