UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Superiorville - New Blog

Hey Guys,

I'm fairly new to both Minimates and blogging, so please try and be patient and kind when and if commenting. I recently started collecting Minimates in December of Last year, and at the turn of the new year i decided to give blogging a go.

I knew i'd have time to upload pictures to flickr, as well as write a little about each dude I got, so thats essentially what this blog will be about, my collection of minimates and anything about the character behind them.

My first entry was an introduction to me and my previous collections and my follow up is my first minimate figure entry which focuses on Green Lantern Hal Jordan figure that comes in the 2pack with Star Sapphire.

It can be found over on Blogspot here: superiorville

Thanks in advance for any pointers or kind comments and help you can give for any future characters or things to include for my follow up posts.

Rich

I'm jealous of your new DC set. :P Hal is one of my favorite characters, and my Hal's leg snapped at the ball joint. :confused: Not worth picking up another for what he goes for now, especially with the crappy Carol he comes with; seriously, Mr. Brewer. You and your son are HUGE GL fans. How the hell could you let something like THAT be marketed?!?!?!

Anyway, looks promising. Welcome to the bookmark-page. :)

Hey Rich,

Nice blog, I'd be careful about using images from MMDB without asking IVAN though ( who's a member here and a pretty cool guy if ask before using his stuff).

T.

Yeah :blush:

thanks for that, i didnt realise it would be a problem since i'm not actually selling anything or benefitting from the display of it, just merely using the image for info purposes. I've removed the Superman picture and replaced it with one of my own instead. What I dont want to do is damage any potentially good friendships before they even start.

I've used one of Batman. instead that i took a couple of weeks ago

Thanks for the advice. :)

Edited by Urban Saboteur

Hey Rich,

Nice blog, I'd be careful about using images from MMDB without asking IVAN though ( who's a member here and a pretty cool guy if ask before using his stuff).

T.

thanks for that, i didnt realise it would be a problem since i'm not actually selling anything or benefitting from the display of it, just merely using the image for info purposes. I've removed the Superman picture and replaced it with one of my own instead. What I dont want to do is damage any potentially good friendships before they even start.

hehe no worries, just trying to keep everyone on happy terms :)

T.

Thank you for the kind comments so far guys, :)

I've been working on some ideas for my funny pictures thread which i started recently. My next entry for my blog might be up in a couple of days, i'm awaiting the arrival of somethin in the mail. :biggrin:

thanks mate, i'll add your toy blog to my follow list and comment back, i've been having trouble searchin on blogspot for other toy/action figure blogs. :)

Hey Rich,

T.

Awww, I missed it. And it's been so long since I dragged out the Peter-Parker-Happy-Fun-Time pic. :D

As for using pics, the issue for me isn't about selling or profit but more about attribution. When people use my images for selling, I just get extra grumpy.

Good luck on the blog. If you're looking for tips, the best I can give is to update regularly. Avoid large gaps between posts, it's the quickest way to lose readers.

Thanks Ivan

That's why I hope my blog will stay updated, because I do update/upload to flickr.com on a regular basis, i thought if i can coincide my flickr uploads with the blog i'll always get a steady stream of blog entries.

Would you have a problem with me using images in the future so long as i

A) referenced the image and the site (provided links back to your database) credit

B) also asked before using any i was going to use, as through either pm or email?

If i got enough readers on the blog and any potential new collectors looking at it, i could redirect them to use this forum and your database too :)

As for the peter parker happy fun time pic... now you got me intrigued... let me see it :biggrin:

Hey guys, I thought i'd stop by and show you my latest Minimate blog entry, I thought it made good sense to go with Green Lantern Corps Arch-Enemy for my second submission.

Sinestro

Sinestro.jpg

I do hope you like it, i should have another entry in a few days time somewhere between 3-6 days from now. I want to make a habit of posting regular to the blog. Please do check back on here or on my blog if your a member click on follow, as i dont think i have any subscribers yet :)

Rich

Hey Guys.

I've gone for something a little different on this 3rd contribution. It doesn't so much deal with the character of the minimate like the previous two blog posts instead focuses on the actual minimate and exposes some of the cool advantages to the design. :)

Hope you like the pictures and the blog.

Bruce Wayne to Batman

4270182324_db89522207_o.jpg

Thanks in advance for your ideas and comments. :)

Rich

Edited by Urban Saboteur

Ok

following on from my previous blog entry of Bruce Wayne to Batman. I have used the similar formula for this latest entry.

This time round I'm discussing earths mightiest heroes....

The Avengers

4285193119_67f36e8a9b.jpg

Hope you like the blog, thank you in advance for taking the time, if you read it. :)

Rich

Hi,

Thought I would stop by and update you with my latest blog post. This week I'm discussing how I first got into Minimates and their compatibility with lego, as well as bringing you up to speed on what i've acquired during the week. :)

Minimates & Lego

4187873568_ea23aaa5a6.jpg