UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tommy Vercetti GTA: Vice City Minimate

Hi

I haven't actually started this yet, but my idea would be to create a Tommy Vercetti minimate. He's from the Videogame Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, his character is set in Miami in the 80s.

Lets have a looksie at him.

Tommy Vercetti

When I done the GIJOE custom of him, I knew what parts to use, as I'd already collected GIJOE figures for a substantial time so knew the line quite well.

This is what my Tommy looked like afterwards when I finished him.

2625856844_abc67821f5.jpg

Essentially what I want to do now is shrink this into Minimate form.. problem I dont know the Minimates line that well.

So what i'm looking for here is your help and assistance into head/torso/waist/arms/leg parts I could use to custom build my own Tommy Vercetti. You can make full body suggestions or accessory suggestions, basically I'm after any advice that will help me build this minimate.

I intend on coming back to this thread at a later date, adding more pictures and obviously when i've completed the work, I will throw down some completion pictures too.

Thanks for any help or advice on suggested minimate recipes to use for this character.

Richard

Edited by Urban Saboteur

I think he should be fairly simple.

You could use this head or this head (click the alt. front pics).

This hair is pretty close to what you need.

Marty's legs and feet are perfect.

And as for the Hawaiian shirt, that would have to be painted on.

Hope that helps! (Photos from Minimate Database!)

Edited by the punisher=D

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much for the recipe :)

I now need to put these on my wanted/parts list. I'll have to get some money first for them LOL!

I dont think painting the hawaiian will be too bad, i managed it good enough on the gijoe figure i think.

:biggrin:

• 1 year later...

Hey,

Now that I am back into Minimates i'd like to resume this project.

Here is what I have so far:

Head: Jack Bauer - 24 Minimates

Hair: Agent Zero - Marvel (Wolverine Wave 1)

Arms:

Torso:

Waist, Legs & Feet - Detention Marty (Back to the future)

I haven't actually got the pieces and parts yet, it was suggested by Punisher to paint on the Hawaiian Shirt, is there any Minimates you can think of where they are wearing a loose fitted shirt, it doesn't have to be Hawaiian but i'd like it to be short sleeved so I can use that as the guide. I've painted it before on my previous G.I.Joe custom. Is there also any Minimates released that came with an LMG MP-5? Similar to the one Tommy uses in the game?

Any help given would be greatly appreciated. :biggrin:

Rich

I was thinking this one repainted, the short sleeves and collar seem to suit the Hawaiian shirt design, all i'd need to do is repaint and re-app the lines on the shirt, just miss out the pockets.

Expo Tony Stark

If anyone can think of a better idea, or knows of a better torso please post up, i'd like to hear your suggestions. :)

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

I'm struggling to get hold of Agent Zero's hair for this custom, as well as finding Marty with the blue jeans and trainers. :confused:

They seem to be quite rare pieces if they are on ebay usually MIB and over £10. I remain hopeful someone has these pieces spare? Or maybe can sell me the full figure at low cost as figure only?

The Back to the future one seems to be harder to come by, did they only release them for a year or so? because alot of the back to the future packs seem to be quite high priced, I don't really want to shell out $ on a set or figure i'm just going to take apart and paint. Same sort of reason with Agent Zero too.

I have put a request out on the flea market for parts but nobodies biting just yet, so if you're reading this and can help. please let me know, also if you can think of alternatives to these parts then please post up suggestions and links (where possible).

Cheers guys

Rich

*edit*

Scratch the last post i've located hair and jeans!! :biggrin: :lol:

Hopefully when i get them i can crack on with this custom!! :)