UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates vs. DC Minimates

Jatta Pake

Taking this as Marvel mates vs DC mates, and not universe v universe, Marvel hands down. Sorry, DC is out muscled, out powered, out smarted, and out numbered. Period. End of story.

And for the record, Doom has worked with "Riicharrrrds!!!!!" on a number of occasions, when it has suited Doom. Doom finds Richard's limited intellect useful now and again. But make no mistake. Richards will die at Doom's hand when Doom actually truly decides it's time to crush him.

Wait...wasn't Beyonder part of his gang?? I could've sworn i remember seeing him in there, name highlighted and all...

The best explanation for the Beyonder was the one Englehart and Shooter worked out a decade ago. It was during Englehart's otherwise uninspired FF run, so very few people read it. Being a sucker for Englehart since his Mantis days, I did. As always I'll try to be brief. The Beyonder was not omnipotent, just nearly so. The cosmic powers that be were for the most part humoring him. What the Beyonder was was an incomplete cosmic cube. Cosmic Cube are created by opening a pinhole into an alternate reality of energy and allowing that energy to pour into a specially prepared force field container. Owen Reese accidentally opened such a pinhole when he bumped into some lab equipment (which probably belonged to AIM, creators of Earth's cube) and absorbed some of that reality controlling power. The remainder of that energy gained sentience, as all cubes do eventually, and became the being known as the Beyonder. Long story short, Reese and the Beyonder eventually merge into a complete cube under the care of the Shaper of Worlds and Kubik (sp). After some time, the cube recreates Owen, complete with his powers, and sends him back to Earth. The rest of the cube becomes known as Kosmos, and the "Maker". In the later id, "she" participated in the Annihilation series. The Beyonder currently appearing in DA, like the others in Owen's "gang" are creations of Owen's imagination. Now the Beyonder's power was still nothing to sneeze at, cubes area of affect is measured by the size of galaxies, and as they lack Galactus' energy restrictions, it can be argued they are more powerful than him and the likes of Mephisto, but not omnipotent.

(BTW, I think the recent Bendis explanation of the Beyonder as a mutant inhuman with minor illusion/reality manipulation powers and most of the Secret Wars and subsequent actions were make believe scenarios the entity created all by himself and never really happened highly insulting... which is fairly par for the course for Bends' Illuminate series)

And while Thanos by himself is a game changer, the Gauntlet itself only works in it's native reality.

And while Thanos by himself is a game changer, the Gauntlet itself only works in it's native reality.

Oh yeah, I remember that story when Darkseid tried to steal the Infinity Gauntlet for himself :lol: At least he has the Anti-Life Equation, right?