UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What does your 360 Elite or Pro sound like?

The_Donster

As most of you know, I have the Resident Evil 360 Elite bundle and this is an honest question. Not because I'm trying to imagining an issue to replace my Resident Evil 360 Elite with the new improved MW2 bundle. What does your 360 sound like? I've noticed a definite rattling when playing my games & now it seems to be doing it when I play dvd's. I've heard from several professionals and friends that it should be running quiet and the only thing I should hear, if anything, is the fan of the processor. Question is, should I be concerned? If this is something you've experienced, can you let me know what the problem is and whether I should return it? That is, if my local store will let me. Any thoughts?

Edited by The_Donster

As most of you know, I have the Resident Evil 360 Elite bundle and this is an honest question. Not because I'm trying to imagining an issue to replace my Resident Evil 360 Elite with the new improved MW2 bundle. What does your 360 sound like? I've noticed a definite rattling when playing my games & now it seems to be doing it when I play dvd's. I've heard from several professionals and friends that it should be running quiet and the only thing I should hear, if anything, is the fan of the processor. Question is, should I be concerned? If this is something you've experienced, can you let me know what the problem is and whether I should return it? That is, if my local store will let me. Any thoughts?

The drive in my elite ( both I had one replaced with RRoD) is fairly noisy nothing to be worried about it still works fine.

If it annoys you just install games to HD and then they wont be spinning all the time. It will also prove it's the drive making the noise.

T.

Thanks TBT. Quick question, do I have to be Live to do this or can I do it from the console? I'm a noob when it comes to taking my 360 the next level.

Big props to TBT for the assist :thumbsup: I took a leap of faith and saved it to the hard drive with no problems. Takes a bit of time to download, but it was worth it knowing that I wouldn't wake up little man or the mrs. Have a question though, will I lose all of my accomplishments should I delete this from my hard drive?

Big props to TBT for the assist :thumbsup: I took a leap of faith and saved it to the hard drive with no problems. Takes a bit of time to download, but it was worth it knowing that I wouldn't wake up little man or the mrs. Have a question though, will I lose all of my accomplishments should I delete this from my hard drive?

No. your save files etc are seperate. It just means that the files from the disk are on the HD instead, so it doesn't have to spin the disk to access them.

T.

.....my accomplishments.....

:D Sorry, this just cracked me up!! I'm a pretty big achievement guy and this actually made me laugh out loud!

As for my Xbox. I have two, both Premiums. I bought 1 at launch and then one last year. Neither make a "rattling" sound, but both are hummers! The fan is loud and annoying and by installing the games, like it seems you have done, it has limited most of the noise. It's the way to go if you have the space on your HDD and that is a tip for anyone! neo

.....my accomplishments.....

:D Sorry, this just cracked me up!! I'm a pretty big achievement guy and this actually made me laugh out loud!

As for my Xbox. I have two, both Premiums. I bought 1 at launch and then one last year. Neither make a "rattling" sound, but both are hummers! The fan is loud and annoying and by installing the games, like it seems you have done, it has limited most of the noise. It's the way to go if you have the space on your HDD and that is a tip for anyone! neo

Yeah, I'm not following you Neo, it was a serios question. Even a noob like me unlocks achievements every once in awhile ;)

lol, it's just the fact you called them "Accomplishments" the first time and not achievements. I wasn't being disrespectful, it was just funny to hear you say accomplishments and it made me laugh out loud a little. That's all! neo

lol, it's just the fact you called them "Accomplishments" the first time and not achievements. I wasn't being disrespectful, it was just funny to hear you say accomplishments and it made me laugh out loud a little. That's all! neo

No worries Neo. Considering that I'm currently replying with one hand via my phone with a baby on my lap at O dark 30. Sometimes you guys are lucky I can still form words, let alone sentences :P