UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG the Plan

Mattallica

Yeah I watched it and thought it was great. I just thought it would go a little further into the overall story before it ended. I read the BSG Final Five comic series and loved it and this went right along the same lines in that I love getting the alternate versions of the story or the parts that aren't explained very well.

It was good, but there were also aspects of it that disappointed me. Tory really took the back seat (again) and I don't mean to sound like a prude, but a lot of the nude shots were just kind of pointless. The story itself was well written and it was nice getting some answers that the finale didn't touch on. Cylons are awesome. :)

As much as I love all-things-BSG, I was a little disappointed. It's basically the story of two Cavils (as always a wonderful performance from Dean Stockwell), but didn't really give us too much that we didn't already know other than showing what had been alluded to. I did, however, really like how they fleshed-out characters like Simon in particular, whom we really never got to know that well. The "fives" (Doral) as incompentent bunglers was kind'a funny too ("the other five wore burgandy...this is teal"). All-in-all a decent companion piece, but completely unwatchable if you aren't familiar with the entire series. I feel like "Caprica" answered more of my questions than this did.

*I'm sure the "nudity" (much like Caprica's) will only appear on the DVD. The unisex shower room scene was pretty hot though (even if a bit gratuitous)! ;)

Edited by cdubya

I thought it was a good companion piece to the main series. Like others, I was happy to see a few of the Cylons with a little more development. (It would have been nice to see Lucy Lawless as D'Anna in the fleet with the other cylons.) I really liked how the fleet Cavil was the brains behind so much cylon activity early in the series. Hey, there really was a plan!

Regarding the nudity, yeah, it was pointless. And actually, given that BSG made such a fine point of including gender equality, it seemed out of place to see a few naked chicks but all the guys keep covered.

I was a little disappointed that we didn't get more Cavil/Final Five/Daniel backstory.

Wow. WOW. I just finished the movie this morning and am highly, highly impressed.

The idea for the story was fantastic, and i love how everything that had happened basically revolve around two very different Cavils (with Stockwell at the top of his game by far). I do wish they would have dove more into some more confusing bits instead of things we didn't really need to know, like Shelley's escape instead of, say, Ellen getting to the Galactica the first time, and, and this is not just because she was my favorite character, i wish they covered more of D'anna. Yes, i know they already had basically a season devoted to her religious journey into a box, but besides the reporter-phase we know nothing about her. I was really hoping to see how she infiltraited and became the Fleet's reporter, and then how she got off the ship and onto Caprica. There was so much with that plot that could have been done...i expected much more than a quick shot of her at the table and then Cavil saying "and i talked to a Three, but she wanted to go her own way." If he made such a big deal about Simon, and then would get so infuriated with her later in the series, i can't imagine John simply "letting her go" on her own. Weak.

Oh, and there was WAY too much pointless nudity. Really, some of it, like with Simon, served NO PURPOSE whatsoever. I expected some since, hey, it IS BSG after all, but we really didn't need that much. Ellen by herself (before John) at a Strip Club was totally out of character too. A bar would have been fine, but not that kind of Club. This is what really upset me with the movie.

I loved all of the Final Five hints, though. The beginning was fantastic; i love how ALL the Ones knew right from the start...and John even called them "Mom and Dad!!" :lol: The ending was just priceless though. The expansion of the airlock scene was worth the entire $20 for me. I mean, the two of them turn around, you hear McCreary's acoustic for Watchtower ever-so-slightly as they show the Five all in one room, F One (see the documantary :P) turns and says "Well this is not how i pictured it," and then the doors close. That was just squeal worthy; oh, and i loved how Ellen gave a face to John like "I know you...i know you..." before the door closed. The usage of Cavil's monologue at the end was beyond fantastic. It fit so perfectly.

Oh, and i can't be the only one who absolutely loved the new version of the opening Theme. ;) Am i the only one who noticed the parallels to All ALong the Watchtower?? I mean, i even went to YouTube and played them side-by-side. Not only do they sound alike and overlap in the right areas, but the exact second the new Theme ends, you "All Along the Watchtower, the princes kept the view." Not even joking, it's the exact second. Creepy...but well played, if planned. IF NOT planned...then this show just got creepier...