UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Animations

MarvelZombie

Hi folks, Been lurking here forever. For some reason when I applied for a password it got lost. I'm a big Minimates fan. Anyway, check out some of my Marvel Minimate animations. Two summers ago, I stared experimenting with stop motion animation with my minis. I never quite liked the results, so I got some 3D animation software and started making my own 3D animation. Some of you may have already seen these on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MarvelZombie2099

Anyway, I'm glad to finally be able to post here.

Enjoy,

videos are awsome man,the video with wolverine and deadpool is dead on,perfectly done,just hilarious ill definatly be watching for more

>>>Cool stuff! Yep, Deadpool one is funny. So is the dancing Galactus! What do you use to make it and how long does it take?

The software is iClone3 (version 4 is out, but I'm too lazy to upgrade). I use freebie graphics programs (GIMP, Ultimate Paint) to make the textures. I started with a bone frame in iClone and attached shapes to resemble Minimates, then each character gets a custom skin and accessories. It takes a long time, really depending on how much free time I have. Designing sets and characters takes a while. Recording dialogue is easy. Animating and rendering the scenes goes relatively quickly because iClone has a lot of canned animations built in that can easily be modified. I string all the scenes together with Windows Movie Maker and sound effects, and then it's showtime.

Here's my idea for an homage to an old cartoon favorite. I have a plot layed out, and I'm currently writing the script. I am currently looking for anyone who wants to provide voices for free (via MP3 or WAV file). I have one volunteer, but I really need more for more variety.

Thanks for watching and I'll try to keep this board updated on my activities.

post-3333-1256486287_thumb.jpg

Recording dialogue is easy.

From what Nick Fury said, have you been using the speech stuff to make him talk? (the one where you type words and your computer speaks it out)

I like that you're using the real designs of the faces/body detail on the animation. Funny how their arms are higher :P

btw, does this maybe fit better into Customs and Artwork?