UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Help with the Dark Avengers

chris

hey, living in the UK makes being a collector hard, as im sure some of you know. i have managed to find a rather good seller who ships over here very cheaply, however they can never get the exclusive sets so i have to look elsewhere.

the set avoiding me at the moment is the Dark Avengers Boxset #1 (the one with the Iron Patriot)

i have so far been let down by 2 sellers and the 3rd still have it on pre-order (which is pushed back further every friday)

so i would like to ask if any of you know of somewhere i can order from that ships to the UK

it would be very much appreciated!!

i always get mine from forbidden planet, as there are two sites ( forbiddenplanet.co.uk and forbiddenplanet.com ) and i usuually find what im looking for. i noticed the dark avengers set is on the .com version, but says it's in on october the 15th. they do occasionally keep pushing stuff back, but it does come in sooner or later (my invaders took a couple of months to arrive, as do older sets and variants etc).

http://forbiddenplanet.com/40555-marvel-mi...engers-box-set/

your right though, collecting this kinda stuff from the uk is a pain. but the harder it is to get it, the more you'll enjoy it when it it arrives i find :) (either that or im insane...maybe, maybe...)

hope this helps!

thanks for the welcome!

been haunting this forum for a good long time, but never really have much much to say- just like to keep up to date really. plus everyone here seems really friendly, so every little thing that's asked always gets a response, so i get some useful details- which is rare to find without the constant ranting and penis-measuring of most forums. it also means i know whats worth ordering in, as sometimes its too much money to spend on something i might not want.

thanks to you guys, my deadpools on his way in the post. those fan-pictures were all i needed to be convinced, really.

I normally get my Minimates from Limited Edition but they aren't returning my calls and I think they have closed down, does anyone know what happened to them?

I picked up the Thunderbolts set from Forbidden Planet in Edinburgh (which is a better store than the London megastore...hmmm...). It was packaged upside down. Hmm.

EDIT: Upon checking forbidden planet .co.uk, it seems they have waves 27 and 28 in stock. Has anyone recieved these from them to prove this is in fact true? The last time I ordered something they said they had it took six months to not arrive. I eventually got it from the manchester fp (also better than the london one...hmmmm...).

Cheers fellas :)

Edited by Vigilante

Funny, when I first read the title of this thread I was under the impression that Norman Osborn just sent HAMMER or the Thunderbolts to hunt you down :P

As to the first Dark Avengers set, looks like either Forbidden Planet or the dreaded eBay looks like your best bet in getting it. There's also the Flea Market here, I guess.

@ Vigilante

I'm kind of curious about what happened to LE myself, since I've heard that their website had been having problems as well. Hopefully it's no big deal. :ermm:

Good luck to all you UKers in getting your exclusives!

As BHM says you do need a strong stomach and good contacts to collect Minimates in the UK.

I'm not asking for help anymore as I just find it too much of a pain for the other guys tracking down what I want. I really appreciate it but it's so cheeky to have to ask.

Always nice to see new UK collectors though, welcome to the forum, it's a great place with friendly people.