UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DCAU

TM2 Dinobot

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Justice-L...te-Series/12495

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Superman-...te-Series/12494

With the release of Batman: the complete animated series last year and Superman and JLU this year, with Batman beyond surely following soon, I should be having a great time of it. Right? Wrong.

I have exactly 3 sets of DCAU dvds. I've got Batman TAS season 3, Supes S1 and BMB S2. Why is this an issue? Because I can't for the life of my figure out if I want to shell out the $300 for the collectors complete collections, or continue piecemealing them together. On top of which, my best friend said when they come out on blu-ray he'll be getting them, and I can have all of his regular ones. So I can wait, or I can really wait.

JLU is an easy buy. I don't have any of it, and it's systematically cheaper than buying them individually. Superman otoh is probably cheaper just buying seasons 2 and 3. Batman had me equally stumped.

Also one last note, this is not a "I'm going to do this now" no, the car goes right now. This is a "when the time comes, what is the best solution?"

I've waited and held off long enough just for this; i know for a fact that i'm buying the JL/JLU Complete set, hands down. For you though?? As much as i want to say buy it, i'm gonna say save yourself a few bucks and buy the seasons...if there had been more extras, i'd say go for it, but it being just a featurette and an Episode Guide. I just love JLU and Bruce Timm's art (one of my biggest inspirations next to Tim Sale, Michael Turner-God rest his great soul-, Ed McGuinness, and Jim Lee) too much not to buy it.

As for BTAS and STAS, buy the serieses. End of story. Well, no, not end of story...i don't want to force you to buy anything. I'm just saying that when i do decide to get them, i'm going complete all at once. I can't stand tracking stuff down, and nowadays the best place to find them is at Target; even then, the seasons will be divided by store...believe me. I've tried. BTAS has and will always be in my Top 5 Cartoons...no, Serieses of all time (i've seen almost every episode, if memory serves), and i've hardly seen Superman (ain't exactly my favorite hero...) so that'll be a treat.

It's your choice. I know i've made mine...now when does Batman Beyond come out?? :P