UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bring Comic Covers/Scenes to Life! Minimate Style!!!

AdyCarter

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a hard one to pull off, given the delays in that particular line. Nice to see one from outside the Marvel/DC Universe too! Great job Fujis.

I'm really digging Kirby's entry too. I'm a huge Punisher fan and was never fond of how "neutered" he is in the main Marvel Universe, in the restrictions on his death toll. Hopefully Civil War will have him exercising some pointless villains from the Marvel U.

I have fallen far, far, far from the top three at this point.

Alrighty...

When I saw those last 2 entries, to me, they clearly looked like they were done by the same person. They're essentially exactly the same, stylistically, despite being entered under 2 accounts...

And the two accounts have very similar sigs...

And furthermore, if you right click them and check their original URLs under properties, they're both from the same photobucket account...

I'm sorry, hate to be a finger pointer really, but it was my understanding that we were only allowed 1 entry?

Alrighty...

When I saw those last 2 entries, to me, they clearly looked like they were done by the same person. They're essentially exactly the same, stylistically, despite being entered under 2 accounts...

And furthermore, if you right click them and check their original URLs under properties, they're both from the same photobucket account...

I'm sorry, hate to be a finger pointer really, but it was my understanding that we were only allowed 1 entry?

I don't think you're alone in your concerns there. It also strikes me as a little odd that 2 entries with so many common points posted within 8 minutes of each other :blink:

Also will it be possible to condense the entries into a new thread post deadline? sure would make it easier to take a look at everyones work not that I want to increase anyones work load :o

Alrighty...

I don't think you're alone in your concerns there. It also strikes me as a little odd that 2 entries with so many common points posted within 8 minutes of each other :blink:

Also will it be possible to condense the entries into a new thread post deadline? sure would make it easier to take a look at everyones work not that I want to increase anyones work load :o

Yes there will be a gallery thread around the time for voting..

As for the very-similar-entries-within-minites-of-each-other... they're also from the same IP address... However its not the first time they have psoted from the same IP and they've referred to the other as a friend at least once... I'm willing to let it slide but I am watching VERY closely... My guess is out of the pair one has a little more artistic talent than the other and as such they worked on them at the same house.... Like I said I'm leaning towards letting it slide... but would appreciate other peoples thoughts here...

I say let 'em slide. Both accounts were created months before the contest even started. I was a little concerned as well but have also heard them referred to the other as a friend.

Also, at least one member DID mention their spouse (in that case wife) wanting to do a cover, and was told to have her create her own posting ID due to only 1 submission per member. My husband was thinking about signing up too just to do one, unfortunately he won't have the time, since he's doing security for the comic-con this weekend. Heck, I'll be lucky to get mine finished!

Even if these 2 are roommates, I would think that would fall under the same guidelines. (Although, I personally would be worried having a roomie with a 'mate addiction...had enough trouble in college keeping them out of my clothes & food...but the 'mates...BACK OFF!) LoL ...luckily my 'mate affliction only arrived with the 3rd birthday of my boy child...

ok i have looked at some of the postes regarding me and Old el Pasos covers hear are a couple of reasons for there simalerity

1 in past post we have said that we are friends out side of the forum

2 my digital camera is broken so i asked old el paso if i could use his and that's why the picture look the same

3 the reason for a really close url is because i don't have a photo bucket account so i asked if i could use his to post my cover

4 the signatures being similar well that was be case we wanted to have similar signetus to so people would know we were friends

i hope that that clears things up for you all

pm me with any more qestions

I wanna play too...

Took me awhile to get the figure made for this, but I just finished her the other day, so...

RedSonjaCover.jpg

I went with Paolo Rivera's cover to issue #1. I liked the composition and the coloring...