UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Note to DST re: Angel

elhonez

To whom it may concern:

Is it too late to shift gears on Angel's S31 deco? When Angel originally wore his blue/white costume, beginning in the Neal Adams era, his boots were also blue. Please see below:

archangel-bigcostume4.jpg

Cheers,

elH

Edited by elhonez

Maybe you should contact DST through the Art Asylum Q&A blog. They might be able to address it there better than here.

That's not a bad idea, thanks!

As for here, let's discuss it -- anyone else prefer to see the version I linked above? I figure we already have a blue/white body with the white boots, from Wave 19.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else agree about this proposed change? I think it's much more comic accurate... anyone else want to weigh in?

I see the image got "nuked," here's a link:

http://uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showqu...=100&page=9

DST seems to using the half-mask and dark blue of #4 with the boots of #10. They already released #10 as a variant to Archangel, btw.

I'm 99% sure that the dark blue, #4 costume appeared with white boots on occasion. Seems like it even had the white boots when Magneto took it back to attack to the Avengers. (but this is going from groggy, too tired to research it right this minute memory) It also could be one of those cases where it appeared in a Handbook and nowhere else. Small price to pay for multiple Multiple Men.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm 99% sure that the dark blue, #4 costume appeared with white boots on occasion. Seems like it even had the white boots when Magneto took it back to attack to the Avengers. (but this is going from groggy, too tired to research it right this minute memory) It also could be one of those cases where it appeared in a Handbook and nowhere else. Small price to pay for multiple Multiple Men.

The boots are supposed to be blue for the silver age version. They have been colored white, but in error.

The boots are supposed to be blue for the silver age version. They have been colored white, but in error.

Yeah, but if one of those erred instances happened to be the reference pic that the designers were handed, then there you go. It's one of those thing. I pity DST when it comes time to design someone like the Living Laser, who's costume details have rarely stayed the same appearance to appearance, heck even within a single issue.

Now if you want to complain, I could point out that the upcoming Kree is not so much an army builder as a officer corps, as they will all hold Captains' rank, but that's a rant for another day.