UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WonderCon 2009

yogafire

I took my kids last year and I'll probably take them again this year, if I can swing the schedule... Otherwise I may sneak over on my lunch break on Friday... though I'm really interested in seeing the Star Trek panel and previews on Saturday afternoon.

Panel discussions are OK - though they are definitely more movie, TV and comic oriented - not too much by way of toy or merchandise related panels. There weren't any toy manufacturers (DST or Hasbro etc.) booths (though some video game distributors), but a huge vendor floor where you should be able to find minimates... I scored some Rocky mates last year - you just gotta know where to look. Lots of comic booths and plenty of other toys... I even think that cool Brickarms dude was there last year (if you need to restock your Lego arsenal).

The build-your-own R2-D2 is an interesting discussion that they are repeating again this year - that is if you wanna talk to big, R2-D2-buildin' geeks who have way too much money to spend.

A few minor stars this year - most notably Adam West-the one true Batman, and others signing autographs for $$$ including some Star Trek guest star (Leeta, Marlena Moreau), WWE wrestler Honky Tonk Man, the "these aren't the droids you're looking for" Stormtrooper and others. Also a couple of no-names (Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher) signing for Star Wars (just kidding). Richard Hatch and Herb Jefferson (BSG) were around last year as was Lou Ferigno (the original TV Hulk for you youngsters).

Also lots of people dressed in costumes, including a few too many who should not have access to spandex in any form

It's worth a day pass- If your spending 3 days there, you're probably gonna lose interest fast unless you're hardcore into comics.