UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wolverine and The X-Men

Punisher

I watched the first episode on demand (comcast, it was free), and well, i dont know how else to sum it up besides "meh".

The show has some potential, just a crappy pilot.

Too early to tell if it will be better than Evolution, but i can tell it will have a hell of a lot more mutant cameos!

Discuss!

I watched the first episode on demand (comcast, it was free), and well, i dont know how else to sum it up besides "meh".

The show has some potential, just a crappy pilot.

Too early to tell if it will be better than Evolution, but i can tell it will have a hell of a lot more mutant cameos!

Discuss!

As much as a fan of Evolution i am (and I AM!!), i have a feeling it will.

I've seen the first few online, back when they premiered in Canada, and i didn't think it was all too bad. Am i pissed my favorite character isn't in it side from the two-minute opening?? Duh. I'm excited to see a series with an Emma, however, because her original animated appearance was a let-down to me. All i really want is for Wolvie not to be the center of attention here; he wasn't even a founding X for God's sake!!

All i really want is for Wolvie not to be the center of attention here; he wasn't even a founding X for God's sake!!

I sense great dissapointment in your future.

Yeah...i have that feeling too. Maybe him getting beaten like the renegade he is LOTS of times will make up for it. :)

I really want to see the Hellfire Club in this; i believe they're supposed to get involved eventually. If that happens, and Jean returns, then i will love this series a lot more than i am now. ;)

All i really want is for Wolvie not to be the center of attention here; he wasn't even a founding X for God's sake!!

I sense great dissapointment in your future.

I agree. I am on episode 14 and I can tell you, without spoilers, that Wolverine is more in the spotlight than he was in the movies. All the other X-Men bow to him like he is the strongest mutant ever. Aside from one very impressive episode (ep.12), Cyclops is not even regarded with leader respect. Storm isn't either.

As of episode 14, here are the following X-Men centered episodes:

3 Nightcrawler

1.5 Rogue

1 Cyclops

1 Storm

1 Professor X

0 Kitty

0 Iceman

0 Beast

-1 Forge (he has been in like 4 episodes as comic relief only)

And in almost every other character's episode, Wolverine still plays a "tough leader" role. Emma is second, as she plays a strong role in many episodes too (which is cool, she deserves some screen time), but is never in the spotlight. Beast, Kitty and Iceman are always around fighting, but never in the spotlight. Angel hasn't done much, but I have a feeling they are setting up his character for the future.

But, I get the impression that the whole "Wolverine is the Sh!t" thing was a requirement to popularize on his character. The writers are beginning to shift focus to other X-Men as the show is continuing on, and building a fanbase (at least in other countries where it has aired).

However, some of the storylines are adult on the level of the 90's series. So that is cool.

I saw it, I do see it doing well, but nothing compares to the 90's tv show, which comes on toon Disney, so I catch it every once and awhile. My only complaint is the character desgins/animation, call me old fashion but I love traditional animation...

but still I'd watch it, seeing as it is x-men

oh another show that I think is great, is Batman:the brave and the bold, check that one out, it's on cartoon network

I have really enjoyed the first twelve episodes thus far. I was expecting it to suck since it doesn't follow the comics too closely, but I still enjoy it. I gotta sit down and watch episodes 13 and 14 one of these days when I have the time. It's starting to get really good.