UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Swaptree

Reideen1313

I read constantly. If I'm not doing something, I've got a book in my hands - doesn't really matter what the subject is, I'll read it. As a result, my bookshelves are overflowing.

I belong to the Borders book club. I get free books & stuff for buying more books - and it doesn't cost me a dime. What's not to like? Even with that, it still gets expensive. I very rarely walk out of there spending less than $50 on books.

My wife (who graciously puts up with all my toys and other crap) is tired of books being everywhere, so I looked into selling them at a local used book store. I took in a box of stuff and got about $10 in credit. Then when I tried to use the credit on books I wanted, they were excluded from 'trade credit'.

So I looked for other alternatives and found a great site called Swaptree. (I have no affilation with the site and I don't get anything if you go check it out. I'm not posting a link either - just because I don't want anyone to say I'm getting referral credits or anything from the site.) The general concept is, list the books (or cd's, dvd's, video games) you are willing to trade and they'll start sending potential trades your way. You can accept or reject the trades as you wish.

I listed about 45 books I'm willing to part with to test it out. I listed them Sunday night and have already traded 5 books. All I'm paying is media rate shipping (at about $2 per book). So $10.00 for about $60 - $70 worth of books (since some I'm trading for are hardcovers vs paperbacks).

If you've got lots of books you want to get rid of (or cd's, dvd's, etc) IMO Swaptree is the place to do it.

Interesting. I read like a fiend and only have a small amount of bookshelf space in my office. I tend to keep the ones I know I will read again and sell off the rest at half.com. I literally have a stck I need to move right now.