UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AMERICAN GLADIATOR MATES

I just read the thread about starting sports mates. How about American Gladiator mates? That would rock!!! Each pack could contain a gladiator and a contender. There could even be playsets for the different events. We could even get a variant Hulk Hogan announcer. I know that Jakks Pacific is going to be making action figures but this would be completely different. Just a thought.

I just read the thread about starting sports mates. How about American Gladiator mates? That would rock!!! Each pack could contain a gladiator and a contender. There could even be playsets for the different events. We could even get a variant Hulk Hogan announcer. I know that Jakks Pacific is going to be making action figures but this would be completely different. Just a thought.

Don't forget the time where one gladiator dressed up like the Incredible Hulk in the Hulk themed episode. But other than Hogan and the Hulk gladiator, I don't think I would but these either for the single reason that I don't watch this show.

Now WIPEOUT! mates, that would be hilarious. But they'd have to come with an obsticle course.

Now WIPEOUT! mates, that would be hilarious. But they'd have to come with an obsticle course.

I'd say ay to the American Gladiator Mates. But I would like to se Wipeout Mates as well. You could even put heir protective headgear on your regular Mates for a 'Celebrity Minimate Episode'! :lol:

Not that i would buy it either, since i don't watch the show...but how would they represent people? It isn't something like 24 or Rocky for tv and movies since the characters don't change much. But with reality and game shows contestants change frequently. We would need packs with "Random Contestant A and B," or else the 'mateswould get really outdated really fast.

But on the topic of gameshows, i wouldn't mind a giant wheel of fortune with a Vanna and Pat! :D

Not that i would buy it either, since i don't watch the show...but how would they represent people? It isn't something like 24 or Rocky for tv and movies since the characters don't change much. But with reality and game shows contestants change frequently. We would need packs with "Random Contestant A and B," or else the 'mateswould get really outdated really fast.

They could make them, but they probably shouldn't. With AM toys its all about playsets and accessories, which the minimates line hasn't been to successful with.

They made gladiator action figures back in the day. They had a few of the gladiators and a couple of generic looking dudes wearing the contestant uniforms. Gladiator is one of the few shows lucky to have a identifiable and semi-memorable costume for their constantly cycling series of contestants.