UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Need info 'bout knee pins

The pin is one piece. You can separate the upper tigh from the shin "IF" you place said leg in boiling water for 10 seconds or more. Now be careful as some pins can shear and break depending on the quality of plastic used. I have found, from personal experience, that painted legs (such as BSG) tend to break more readily than solid colored plastic (Spider-Man). If you are successful in separating the leg pieces, don't forget to boil the leg again AFTER you have put the new leg back together. This process will help shrink any stretched knee pins and prevent loose swinging shins.

Thanks, but are the pins glued to the legs or, once the leg is separated, can they be popped out also without trouble? Also, are the pins a hard brittle plastic (like the clear ones used in DCD figs) or a softer pvc type that allow for some flexibilty, (hence the need for shrinking I guess) ?

Edited by thatblockoguy

Thanks, but are the pins glued to the legs or, once the leg is separated, can they be popped out also without trouble? Also, are the pins a hard brittle plastic (like the clear ones used in DCD figs) or a softer pvc type that allow for some flexibilty, (hence the need for shrinking I guess) ?

The pins are pressed fit into the holes, not glued. The ressilience of the pins depends again on what type of plastic was used with whichever minimate in question.