UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Color Series

Trekker 42

I picked up the latest in the Loeb-Sale (AKA the Dream Team) Colors series, Captain America: White #0 and I have to say it was the highlight of my recent comic purchases. If you have never read a comic by these two, I must encourage the purchase of Cap White because this is, I believe, the perect comic team. So, for those who don't know the colors series is a series of miniseries based off of little-explored moments the defining characters of the Marvel U. Such as Spider-Man: Blue which is when he met Gwen Stacy and MJ (and they compete for him. It's hilarious). Daredevil Yellow is the death of battling Jack and meeting Karen Page. I have no idea what Hulk: Gray is about because I can't find it anywhere.

Also these two are behind the masterpiece and my favorite comic book ever: Batman; The Long Halloween and Dark Victory along with Superman for all Seasons

So go buy Cap White

Also, what's next for colors? My money's on Iron Man: Gold

I have no idea what Hulk: Gray is about because I can't find it anywhere.

Hulk: Gray is pretty much a retelling of the origin. I enjoyed it a lot, though. I've also heard that a couple scenes from the comic were pretty much copied for the Incredible Hulk movie, so I'll have to reread it keeping that in mind.

Captain America: White is looking pretty good so far. In the other Color books, the color itself represents something (Spider-man Blue was for sadness, Daredevil Yellow was for cowardice, etc.) but they're keeping what the White stands for a secret. I'm leaning towards surrender, though.

A last note, Tim Sale also does most of the art for the TV show Heroes (in case people didn't know that).

I have no idea what Hulk: Gray is about because I can't find it anywhere.

Hulk: Gray is pretty much a retelling of the origin. I enjoyed it a lot, though. I've also heard that a couple scenes from the comic were pretty much copied for the Incredible Hulk movie, so I'll have to reread it keeping that in mind.

Captain America: White is looking pretty good so far. In the other Color books, the color itself represents something (Spider-man Blue was for sadness, Daredevil Yellow was for cowardice, etc.) but they're keeping what the White stands for a secret. I'm leaning towards surrender, though.

A last note, Tim Sale also does most of the art for the TV show Heroes (in case people didn't know that).

Purity perhaps? Even through all of ths pin and anguish of war, Captain America keeps strong and doesn't crack under pressure.

What did the Gray in Hulk represent? I somehow missed that one too, but liked the other 2 a lot -- Daredevil mostly just for the art, but the Spidey story was a lot of fun, like Trekker said, and gave me a much better idea of Gwen as a character (rather than just that girl who fell off a bridge). Another good retro Spider-man miniseries is Dan Slott's Spider-man/Human Torch: I'm With Stupid. It's got the Spider-mobile and everything :P

Tim Sale's awesome, it was great to see his stuff pop up in Heroes... he's done some great little sketchbooks too, can be tricky to get ahold of but well worth it.

What did the Gray in Hulk represent?

I'm not positive, but I think it might have stood for despair. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who's read any of the other Color books, though. I think this was actually the first Hulk story I'd ever read and I always thought he was a pretty inaccessable character, but Hulk: Gray changed my mind.