UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Rocky Minimates

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ok. We've got Rocky DVDs coming out now and the new movie is weeks away. My question: where are the Rocky mates? Could this line be doomed before it even launches? I wasn't expecting much from it to begin with, but if they can't even launch them in time for the movie, what chance do they have?

Well, how long after the actual release of the movie and the DVD will we see the X-men: Last Stand mates?

Admittedly the work done on Rocky mates couldn't be as easily re-used if it bombs out, the Last Stand mates basically wouldn't see the light of day if DST didn't decide to salvage the effort spent on them.

Ok. We've got Rocky DVDs coming out now and the new movie is weeks away. My question: where are the Rocky mates? Could this line be doomed before it even launches? I wasn't expecting much from it to begin with, but if they can't even launch them in time for the movie, what chance do they have?

You forget - this is typical marketing synergy for AA. They did the same thing with LOTR and are doing the same with (as others have mentioned) Xmen TLS.

Hell, I don't expect to see Ghost Rider 'mates until a good 6 months after the DVD has been released. :rolleyes:

Oh, I know this is practically standard marketing practices for AA and the gang. LotR died before they could give us more Aragorn variants because they waited so long to release anything. X3 is hitting well after the DVD, despite them having planned this movie line out for a while now. Ghost Rider is likely to hit before they even make a prototype of any of the lackluster characters. My whole gripe is that if they can't release a figure in a timely manner to coincide with the property it is based off of, then why make the figure to begin with? I'm no expert on buying patterns or marketing or even business management, but it seems to me that the best time to sell something is when its in the public interest.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is what I want:

Series 1:

First Fight Rocky (With Robe)/First Fight Apollo Creed (With Robe)

Training Rocky/Adrian

Spider Rico/Mick

Variant: Bruised Rocky/All American Apollo

Series 2:

Rocky (New Boxing Gear)/Apollo Creed (New Boxing Gear)

Caveman Rocky/Adrian

Training Rocky/Mick

Variant: Robed Rocky/Robed Apollo

Series 3:

Rocky(Bruised)/Thunderlips

Rocky/Clubber Lang

Training Rocky/Apollo Creed

Variant:Rocky/Clubber Land (Second Fight)

Series 4:

Apollo Creed/Ivan Drago

Rocky/Ivan Drago

Bruised Rocky/Adrian

Variant:Bloody Drago/Rocky

Series 5:

Tommy Gun/Rocky

Mason Dixon/Rocky

Street Gear Rocky/Paulie

Variant: Bloody Rocky/Mason Dixon

I combined Rocky 5 and Rocky Balboa and Rocky 1 for Series 5, since 5 and RB don't have many different Minimate Worthy characters. What do you think?