UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wizard World Philly '08 Coverage

I think the Hulk wave looks a whole hell of a lot better. The Bruce Banner figure is my favorite though. What was the guy that played him in the 1970's tv show man I forget his name, but for those triva buffs he was the character Donovan in the Apple Dumpling gang (the first one). Anyway got of target thats who the bruce banner looks like.

So over all the Iron man waves now (doesn't mean I don't love them though).

Invaders sweet..... can anybody tell me who the whole blue face captian america is. I know MHQ asked the same question but somebodys got to know.

Bill Bixby is the man you are thinking of.

Funny that you should say that; that is exactly what I thought when I first saw these pic.s! LOL Even as simple as 'mates' facial expressions are, he bears an uncanny resemblence to Bill Bixby (moreso than Ed Norton IMO).

As I think about all the complaining most people on here did about the Hulk movie mates it should no longer be a question that this forum and its contributors have a influence on design and character choices.

Lets keep up the good work

I am still waiting for the ultimate reveal for this Hulk movie wave: that they got a temporary laps in the 2 inch restriction and we will in face be seeing 2.5 or, better yet, 3 inch Hulk and Abominations. We just need to hold out hope! *crosses fingers* :)

As I think about all the complaining most people on here did about the Hulk movie mates it should no longer be a question that this forum and its contributors have a influence on design and character choices.

As much as I'd like to believe that we the vocal fan base can sway DST it's more likely that buyers, or even Marvel, had the same reaction as we did to the "diapers". Regardless, I'm glad they're gone, it's amazing how much better both Hulk's look without them.

I am still waiting for the ultimate reveal for this Hulk movie wave: that they got a temporary laps in the 2 inch restriction and we will in face be seeing 2.5 or, better yet, 3 inch Hulk and Abominations...

DST is certainly pushing the boundaries with all of the height-boosting accessories but I doubt they would have gone this far into the pre-production phase only to switch to a 2.5" body for Hulk and Abomination. That would mean a complete retooling for the hair and chest-pieces, not to mention a run through a different machine at the factory (or even at at a different factory) which would make the line too cost prohibitive.

I would love to see a 2.5" Hulk someday but it's not going to happen with this wave.

Let's not get too excited. I'd love to see larger versions of the characters you mentioned, but the scale question has been repeatedly asked, and DST has repeatedly said "no." I doubt they would have created such an awkward workaround as the duck-foot boosters if the logical 3" option were even a remote possibility.