Who's going back?

Logan

Yes or No?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going back?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Still thinking about it.

In the hopes of keeping this peaceful as possible for everyone, I'll be more than happy to discuss this off the forum Reideen1313. But I will say openly, no where was I defending or sticking anyone to the crucifix ;) I was just voicing my frustration with his name always being brought up. As I said to another person recently, it's easy to consider someone a troll if you have the means. So you a correct, this is a new forum and no bad mojo needs to follow us here, whether it's Tim, Ulan or AA for that matter. Which was the point I was trying to make. I'll explain the rest in a pm though.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 points...

1) By Tim R1313 is refering to Picard, one of the old Admins on the AA site. Not anyone curently on this board!

2) I think EVERYONE agrees this is history ( the Ulan thing) that belongs on the AA boards not here, we're trying to make a fresh new start!

3) Hi Reideen1313, welcome to the board, I know we havent seen eye to eye over AA's policys in the past ( c3 etc. :) ) but it's good to see you here, don't just be a lurker, come and have a say in more than those subjects you just feel strongly about. people will be less likely to react to you, when you do swim against the tide then :D

T.

Ulan WAS a good guy. He got angry with the way things were being run by AA and decided to become beligerant. I was there, I spoke with him before, during and after. Most of his troll like behavior was an attempt to get a reaction out of AA (who, by the way, went completely silent and left us all wondering "what the hell"). He just did things in a NON-productive way.

Tim "Picard" B. is a great guy who I think is an excellent person in general. He was the object of most of the troll activity, because he was the "eyes & ears" of AA at the time. He didn't deserve it, but like I said, he was the front man.

This is really all that needs to be said. I hope its enough explanation because this is not the old AA forums and that baggage is not going to enter these hallowed halls if I have anything to say about it.

Jeez, I am beginning to sound like Dean Wormer! (for you too young for this pop-culture reference, Google Animal House).

Thank you Donster for posting those Trek links! :D I have been lost for the past month and believe that TrekUnited will be my new Trek home. :)

Not your only home I hope? :)

T.

Glad I could help, I'm suprised you hadn't noticed Ady's post on where he was sending some of the Trek members, since like me, he's still in contact with alot of members from the forum. Nice to see you on Fwoosh by the way, a little bit smaller gathering, but some of the same faces from AA. As a matter of fact DST just announced the 4th wave, Crusher, Wesley and Q. I'm kind of hoping Ro rounds out the wave, but thankful to just have a complete bridge crew :)

I'm on the fence about going back, if it does indeed even come back(I'm doubting it, it has no advantage for AA, it was all downside that I could see). But if it did, I'd consider it. Not for the minimate discussion, frankly I don't see much to discuss minimate-wise, we seem to be in a somewhat stable place for now, the Marvel ones are continuing(slowly) and the DC ones are getting off to a great start. So I wouldn't go back for minimate talk(hell without the people here what's the point? This is the core fanbase right here).

However my interest has been shifting more to the Trek side of AA's product output since they started up TNG, and frankly the thread on Fwoosh isn't the same thing as a dedicated board. I've put some thought into starting up a board for DST figures in general(buffy, stargate, tng, tos, angel, marvel select, etc) but I don't really think I'm the admin type... I'd rather be free to get into fights and not have the temptation of just being able to ban the other guy.

This'd be an easier question to answer if MisterPL were here. I liked the guy, thought he handled a tough job pretty well under the circumstances. Hell, the DST Q&As were all him. Those were reason enough.

How much does it cost to host a board AA's size anyway?

Wow! :o

Sorry guys! :(

I never thought all of this would ensue and I wish I never pointed that name out ~ it just struck me as a really funny 'snapshot' of the good~old~bad~old~days of the AA forum.

Like Hogwarts, we have our own Volder ~ er ~ "You~know~who" figure! :lol:

Hopefully, unlike Hogwarts, we won't get the odd troll lurking in the dungeons. :unsure:

Anyway, like Shanester, I have to say that I got on well with both sides in the aforementioned dispute, and both of them have never been anything but really nice to me ~ but that's kind of beside the point really, because I was going to suggest that we leave the old heavy baggage at the door and move on. ;)

I think the AA forum is utterly past tense now, and I don't think it will be coming back.

Lets just hope I dont turn to the dark side...

Imagine three years from now you all debating wether I was evil or not.... or acting in horror at the mention of my name....

I have my opinions on both Tim and Ulan but they're staying off this board

Just remember to hire the same guy that Julius Caeser did, who whispered "Your only a man, your only a man" and you should be fine Ady ;) It's the reason I have my Mrs. If I could count the times she's stopped me from putting my world domination plan to action :lol:

3 points...

1) By Tim R1313 is refering to Picard, one of the old Admins on the AA site. Not anyone curently on this board!

Exactly correct. Sorry for not making that clear. I forget that everyone here may not know Tim = Picard. Sorry.

2) I think EVERYONE agrees this is history ( the Ulan thing) that belongs on the AA boards not here, we're trying to make a fresh new start!

Totally agree. I just don't want to see someone attack a former member of the old boards when that member isn't here to defend themselves. (Shocker Toys excluded - attack away.) As an example, if I said something like, "BlueSparrow is a douche" - BlueSparrow is here and can defend himself. However, if I said "Brent Craig was a stupid, silly b@stard" I'd accept someone calling me on the carpet for saying that Brent was stupid.

3) Hi Reideen1313, welcome to the board, I know we havent seen eye to eye over AA's policys in the past ( c3 etc. :) ) but it's good to see you here, don't just be a lurker, come and have a say in more than those subjects you just feel strongly about. people will be less likely to react to you, when you do swim against the tide then :D

Appreciate it, but honestly, my participation will be minimal. I left the AA boards for a reason. That reason is here and I'd rather not interact with that individual. Rather than start something with them, I'll just watch from the sidelines.

BRENT CRAIG!! Aw, bless them both! :P (For the unitiated, he was a guy who used to refer to himself in the third person ;) ).

Reideeen: Why don't you regard this as a fresh start away from AA, roll up your sleeves and muck in?

I happened to miss both the AACC debacle and Brent Craig but I think bringing it up here is pointless. This is a new forum and we have plenty of time to develop our own history.

Reideen: Like others have said I hope you'll decide to throw your two cents into the mix regardless of who is here.

And seriously, could the AA site be any worse? I was just checking the Mezco Toys site for some MMHQ related stuff and damn! That site is killer! AA needs to make updates more regularly - how hard would it be for them to stay on top of things?!

AA needs to make updates more regularly - how hard would it be for them to stay on top of things?!

You'd be suprised.

Besides AA are pretty much a design house nowadays, everything bar SpeedRacer is marketed by other people, so why have a site?

I just miss the ladies :(

Jules showed up and She-thing has been emailed a few times... but we never heard back from her!

I think that was pretty much it for the laydeeeez :)

T.

Since Reideen1313 has put me on his ignore list, I'll address this one more time. I've tried to offer a olive branch and he's refused it. Being a forum leader in another forum, I can't believe he hasn't made a decision he regrets now? I think all of us have, whether we want to admit it or not? I think this forum is a fresh start and would hate for him or anyone else not to participate in the forum because of me. As I said in the thread and in the pm, I wasn't defending or defacing anyone, be it Ulan or Picard or AA. When I was a forum leader on AA, my allegiances lied with the community, not any particular member or otherwise. But now everyone has a choice here, we can move forward or hold onto the past? I think the least we can do is participate in the forum and be civil to one another. Since Ady has went to great lengths to insure we have a community again. While we should never forget the sins of the past(lest we forget them), that doesn't mean we need to repeat them here.