UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

xbox 360 elite - do I need the 120GB?

Webhead

The only console I have right now is a modded PS2 and I haven't played that in 2+yrs...I travel out of town for work and too busy with errands on weekends.

So I spent the weekend visiting my brother and played some CoD4 and loved it. That game is insane and the online play is what is driving me to want to buy one. I see there's a $100 difference between the elite and regular. Is the only difference 100gb and you don't get the HDMI cable? Does the regular xbox have the HDMI outputs?

Appreciate you guys' input.

-Webhead

The only console I have right now is a modded PS2 and I haven't played that in 2+yrs...I travel out of town for work and too busy with errands on weekends.

So I spent the weekend visiting my brother and played some CoD4 and loved it. That game is insane and the online play is what is driving me to want to buy one. I see there's a $100 difference between the elite and regular. Is the only difference 100gb and you don't get the HDMI cable? Does the regular xbox have the HDMI outputs?

Appreciate you guys' input.

-Webhead

I bought the elite about a year ago, have never had any technical issues and am very happy with it.

I went for that option because I know that whatever hard disk space you have in never enough but it seems to be a reasonable amount. If you intend to play downloadable content and get lots of demo's or movies it's def worth having.

I also wanted the HDMI TV output, which at the time was only on the elite as standard. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think all 360's have HDMI now though?

I guess it depends on if you can afford the $100, I guess you could go the route of the 20gb version and upgrade later but that ends up more expensive.

If you get one let us know you're live ID and we'll come play CoD4 ( and GTAIV?) with ya!

T.

I bought the elite about a year ago, have never had any technical issues and am very happy with it.

I went for that option because I know that whatever hard disk space you have in never enough but it seems to be a reasonable amount. If you intend to play downloadable content and get lots of demo's or movies it's def worth having.

I also wanted the HDMI TV output, which at the time was only on the elite as standard. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think all 360's have HDMI now though?

I guess it depends on if you can afford the $100, I guess you could go the route of the 20gb version and upgrade later but that ends up more expensive.

If you get one let us know you're live ID and we'll come play CoD4 ( and GTAIV?) with ya!

T.

Thanks T. I'm definitely getting GTAIV as well. I'm a huge GTA fan, currently playing Liberty City Stories on my PSP

You are right the new 360s come with HDMI output but they don’t have the cables. So I guess it’s only $50 to decide between 20gb and 120, and white vs black. I don’t really plan to download movies, but may get the occasional game download. For $50 I guess 100gb more isn’t that bad.