UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I was thinking today

HotstufflouieB

I know there is a lot of X-Men characters already but I was thinking how come the most popular costumes haven't been made into mates. I'd love to see a Jim Lee Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Gambit and Jubilee set or even just a few of them.

Well, I'd argue that those costumes are not the most popular versions of those characters-- the "classic" looks are. The other three versions of the X-Men that were made- Ultimate, New, and Astonishing- were tied in to what was the current look of the characters at the time, so it made sense to do those. Certainly, there's a market for characters from that era that have never been done, such as Gambit, but the need for new versions of characters we (in some cases) have four Minimates of seems pretty small to me.

I know there is a lot of X-Men characters already but I was thinking how come the most popular costumes haven't been made into mates. I'd love to see a Jim Lee Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Gambit and Jubilee set or even just a few of them.

Well, I'd argue that those costumes are not the most popular versions of those characters-- the "classic" looks are. The other three versions of the X-Men that were made- Ultimate, New, and Astonishing- were tied in to what was the current look of the characters at the time, so it made sense to do those. Certainly, there's a market for characters from that era that have never been done, such as Gambit, but the need for new versions of characters we (in some cases) have four Minimates of seems pretty small to me.

I'd have to disagree...X-Men fans are just as fanatical as Spider-Man fans and would buy any variations of their fave characters, especially an era as influential as the Jim Lee era. I'd be happy with just a Gambit and Psylocke (since they haven't been made) but my motto is you can never have too many Storms, Jean Greys, or Rogues. :lol:

I was also wondering if mini fans got the characters we wanted then we would lose interest in the brand. Therefore, when aa does throw us a bone once and a while we are extatic. Which is why I love getting lesser know villans and heroes in a series plus one well know and disired character like a gambit or a deadpool.

I'd have to disagree...X-Men fans are just as fanatical as Spider-Man fans and would buy any variations of their fave characters, especially an era as influential as the Jim Lee era. I'd be happy with just a Gambit and Psylocke (since they haven't been made) but my motto is you can never have too many Storms, Jean Greys, or Rogues. :lol:

The difference is a new Spidey variation means one new mate. New X-men variations means a whole new wave, such as the Astonishing X-men wave (11?).

The difference is a new Spidey variation means one new mate. New X-men variations means a whole new wave, such as the Astonishing X-men wave (11?).

It doesn't have to be. You could put a new Storm w/ Black Panther... and remember they packaged Iron Man w/ Ghost Rider when have those two ever teamed up?

While the Jim Lee era are my favorite costumes, I am very content with what they have given us. As long as the minimate has been designed well and looks great, then I'm happy. I'd honestly just rather get new characters like the already mentioned Gambit, Jubilee, Psylocke, Deadpool etc.

It doesn't have to be. You could put a new Storm w/ Black Panther... and remember they packaged Iron Man w/ Ghost Rider when have those two ever teamed up?

Champions/Iron Man Crossover, in the 70s

He was also on the Avengers team that took on Ghost Rider around #210 or so. These guys are like the Abbot and Costello of the Marvel Universe!

Champions/Iron Man Crossover, in the 70s

He was also on the Avengers team that took on Ghost Rider around #210 or so. These guys are like the Abbot and Costello of the Marvel Universe!

*shrugs shoulders* Who knew? :blush:

Classic Xmen boxset you have the 5 xmen and a repaint repacked Prof X there is very little extra cost on this boxset

cyclops just needs a repaint

Iceman is either a solid white with tampo for snowy and boots or just a new tinted clear

Angel repainted bullseye mask and hawkman body

Beast Bullseye mask again and big fists from thing and big feet, prob a muscle chest to bulk out the whole thing.

Marvel Girl the only real new sculpt in the set for the hair an mask the rest is a repaint

Just put in a prof x in a new colour suit or a magneto and its sorted.

Thats one lot of xmen i would buy

• 3 weeks later...

I know what you mean. Although it is hard to say what costumes are the most popular (everyone's opinion differs, I like the New X-Men), it seems weird that the Jim Lee era has been a little ignored. No Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, or Storm. The Rogue from that era seems incomplete without the jacket. Plus there is no Jubilee, Psylocke, or Gambit.

However, since the X-Men change their costumes as often as they change their underwear, it can be hard for DST to choose a certain look.

Edited by Joe Hill

I know what you mean. Although it is hard to say what costumes are the most popular (everyone's opinion differs, I like the New X-Men), it seems weird that the Jim Lee era has been a little ignored. No Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, or Storm. The Rogue from that era seems incomplete without the jacket. Plus there is no Jubilee, Psylocke, or Gambit.

However, since the X-Men change their costumes as often as they change their underwear, it can be hard for DST to choose a certain look.

I'd love to see an X-Men first appearance set, as well as a set based on the Jim Lee costumes. Cyke, Jean, Beast, Gambit, Jubes, and Storm would make for a great boxset. Tiger Stripe Wolvie, and Colossus are both easily available so wouldn't need to be included.

I would love a box set of the "Jim Lee" era X-Men... Classic Beast, Gambit, Jean Gray (that crazy outfit I can't describe), Jubilee, white Storm, etc.. really, the costumes and looks from the 90's fox kids animated show. Those are the classic uniforms for those characters in my opinion.

We could also really use classic Sabertooth

Edited by hyejinx1984

Yea, I was wondering about the third wasp outfit myself. I can only hope for either:

WaspModern.jpg

or

WaspPerez.jpg

(Damn, I'm all about pimping my designs today, aren't I? lol)

Though I doubt it, as they seem to be going with the 60's Wasp looks for this set. Just hope we eventually get a modern looking wasp... maybe coupled with a yellow jacket mate that we so desperately need.

Edited by hyejinx1984