UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What should I do?

Now ive never had trouble getting minimates from my lcs. They may not always be up to date with the current releases but they would eventually get their hands on em. Just last week they closed and so ive ben looking for another shop that has minimates. i went to the 7 other shops in town and only ONE had them, for 11 bucks each. At my old comic book shop they were 6.99 so at first I was mad but decided to buy the joker/harley set and so I got kinda happy but then when I opened it up Harley's lower half of her leg fell off. So I have a couple questions

1. Should I start ordering online or continue shopping at my lcs?

2. If so, afx is the place to go right? Youbuynow.com had more of what I was looking for (SP3) and is cheaper I believe

3. And what should I do about Harley? It broke right were you bend the knee.

I know theyre a couple newb questions but any help is appreciated

1. Should I start ordering online or continue shopping at my lcs?

Start ordering online. $11 for a 2-pack is way too expensive

2. If so, afx is the place to go right? Youbuynow.com had more of what I was looking for (SP3) and is cheaper I believe

AFX is infamous for their ridiculously high shipping costs. There a many other places that sell Minimates such as Stuckakid, Big Bad Toy Store, Cornerstore comics, Discount Comic Book Service. There is a thread which talks about retailers in more detail but I couldn't seem to find it. In my experience preordering and hunting on eBay is the best way to save a little money.

3. And what should I do about Harley? It broke right were you bend the knee.

Contact DCD's customer service. You should be able to find their email address on the DCD site. DST has been known to replace defective parts if they can so DCD might be able to help you with a replacement.

Edited by Fujis

Well, I don't think that sticking to the local comics shops is really an option, based upon what you have said, so going online is probably your best bet. Given that this site has sponsors, I won't say that one particular retailer is better than another, but I can recommend ones that I have had good experience with. Scifigenre, actionfigurexpress and cornerstorecomics have been great to me, as have a number of eBay sellers (just make sure to take shipping costs into account when you are making your decisions--it is lower at some places than it is at others). I haven't actually ordered from youbuynow, but I have dealt with their customer service, which was a bit confusing at first (you have to go through a kind of forum to get answers to your questions), but very helpful nonetheless. Big Bad Toy Store is another place where you can find great deals from time to time (many of the Spiderman 3 Minimates are on sale there now, as are some of the BSG-Mates, I believe), and their pile of loot is a brilliant marketing move, and is great for buyers who are cheap and/or like having peace of mind (myself, for instance). And lastly, JR's Toyworld has great prices on some things, but I've never ordered from them, so I can't vouch for them one way or another.