UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Why does DST not keep minimates on hand?

I got the US Agent/Taskmaster 2 pack the other day. (thanks minimadman!) Great set, a little warped, but Taskmaster was missing his left glove. He had his right glove and a little hand, and the box was sealed. So I can only figure it just never made it on there. I emailed DST and they cold me they don't have any more packs so they can't send me a replacement. They also don't have any other packs with similar pieces (cap, sue storm) so they can't even send me a glove to paint.

Not a huge loss. TM still has his tiny hand with which to wield his shield (what's up with those new shield holders anyways?) it just looks a bit funny.

So my question is this. I don't know how toy companies work. I do know they don't have huge warehouses full of product because their job is to sell it, not store it. But why don't they have more replacement stock on hand? It seems a little odd to have a set that's less than 3 months old and be out of circulation.

I got the US Agent/Taskmaster 2 pack the other day. (thanks minimadman!) Great set, a little warped, but Taskmaster was missing his left glove. He had his right glove and a little hand, and the box was sealed. So I can only figure it just never made it on there. I emailed DST and they cold me they don't have any more packs so they can't send me a replacement. They also don't have any other packs with similar pieces (cap, sue storm) so they can't even send me a glove to paint.

Not a huge loss. TM still has his tiny hand with which to wield his shield (what's up with those new shield holders anyways?) it just looks a bit funny.

So my question is this. I don't know how toy companies work. I do know they don't have huge warehouses full of product because their job is to sell it, not store it. But why don't they have more replacement stock on hand? It seems a little odd to have a set that's less than 3 months old and be out of circulation.

Whilst I could give you lots of logical reasons why they wouldn't have replacement stock on hand I am inclined to agree with you that it's frustrating that they don't. I wonder if in this instance it's because many people had many problems with this particular set & they've sent them out as replacements already :(

How would one phrase that? "How many minimates to yall keep in stockpile? You sent out several older mates for the Target giveaway, yet I was unable to get a Taskmaster/US Agent 2 pack that just came out when mine came with parts missing? Is there some quota for how many yall keep on hand?"

Yeah actually, that sounds okay. :P

How would one phrase that? "How many minimates to yall keep in stockpile? You sent out several older mates for the Target giveaway, yet I was unable to get a Taskmaster/US Agent 2 pack that just came out when mine came with parts missing? Is there some quota for how many yall keep on hand?"

Yeah actually, that sounds okay. :P

...... needs a bit of work,yall think?