UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Melancholy of Hrauhi Suzumiya thread

so, first off PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one that has seen and loves Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Secondly, if you're lost my that sentence, allow me to bring you up to speed. Haruhi Suzumiya is a Japanese Anime that aired back in 2006, that was a run away hit in Japan, America, and as far away as Iran believe it or not. It revolves around Kyon, a highschooler, who is somehow at the center of a world created by Haruhi, a fellow student. She attracts time travelers, aliens and ESP users because she wants to. The short novels and subsequent anime and manga are based around her eccentricities filled adventures.

The anime, which hooked me as well as thousands others in other nations across the globe, have an air date that is, how shall we say, confusing. Episode 1 is really episode 13, episode 2 is episode 1, ect. When my sister watched it, I demanded that we view it in the correct order, being the original air date. It make the story lurchy at first, but it make for maximum impact in the end.

Either way, if you have not seen this wonderful series, go do so. If you have, come fanwank with me.

Let the school-girl-like fanboy squealing commence!

1201469879178.jpg

OH MY GOD YES!!!!

I saw this first at Anime Boston, then later that day there were people dancing the opening credits in the dealers alley. Life was good.

I did not know that there was a manga version out, is it being carried by a major retailer?

Anyways, awesome show, and I will totally join you in the squealing, though mine will be straight out fan-girl style! ^_^

OH MY GOD YES!!!!

I saw this first at Anime Boston, then later that day there were people dancing the opening credits in the dealers alley. Life was good.

I did not know that there was a manga version out, is it being carried by a major retailer?

Anyways, awesome show, and I will totally join you in the squealing, though mine will be straight out fan-girl style! ^_^

I saw the silly dancing the last like 2 or 3 con's i went to , and i decided to check out few eps just to see what all the fuss was about and I surprisingly LOVE it! *fanboy squeals*