UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How easy is it to customize minimates?

Matty-lad

Hey all,

Pretty much as the title says. I am planning (possibly) to do some Star Trek ones i.e. Sulu, Kirk and Spock from WNMHGB among others and was wondering how easy it is to head-swap these little critters? Is it just the boil & pop method?

Take care,

Matty-lad

Just pop really no boil needed!

Minimates are designed to be pulled apart and have parts exchanged.

T.

Minimates are (relatively) very easy to customize. I had never customized anything before trying it with Minimates. Granted, all I've done so far are part swaps but I've been doing a lot of practice with painting and a little bit with sculpting and am just trying to build up my confidence before I take a real shot at it.

Minimates are (relatively) very easy to customize. I had never customized anything before trying it with Minimates. Granted, all I've done so far are part swaps but I've been doing a lot of practice with painting and a little bit with sculpting and am just trying to build up my confidence before I take a real shot at it.

Hey all,

Thanks for the info and help. I've customized both Playmates and AA/DST figures in the past and I'm now thinking of going smaller. Will let you know (with pictures) when I get a chance to do this.

Take care,

Matty-lad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
some red shirt's

image819.jpg

some klingon's

image817.jpg

Hey all,

Winkerbean, those are excellent. CAn I be rude and ask which heads you used for the Klingons. Once the Kirk and Kor set is out over here in the UK, I plan on making Spock and MCoy with their own individual Klingon enemies.

Take care,

Matty-lad