UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Open invitation to members

The_Donster

Now I know some of you had problems with the old AA Trek forum, but I also know that some of you also like Trek as well. So on behalf of Fatheadcookie's Trek Toy Forum, we'd like to invite some of you over. Just like Ady's every growing community here, our's is ever growing too and would like you to be part of it. Especially with Trek Minimates on the horizons, it only makes since for members to get a running start. Hopefully this time both communities can set a better example for each other. Hope to see you soon.

No offense to FHC or whoever created that skin, but in the interest of constructive criticism... yikes. Blink tags, marquee tags, images with aliased fonts, and bright primary colors hurt my delicate sensibilities. :) I know that good web design is not easy, but the inventor of the blink tag was an incurable sadist whose idea of a good time involved drowning puppies. And not ugly puppies either. He drowned the really adorable ones with the big, cute eyes and the oversized, clumsy paws. Pure evil.

I poked around the site a little bit and it was nice to see some familiar names, but that skin is too much of a deterrent for me.

^^^Hey! I actually like FHC's design ~ it's totally TOS! ;)

And Ady...........I had to laugh when I read what you said remembering the day when you changed the AA skin to a kind of retina~searing acid orange that had me yelping and reaching for my sunglasses! :lol::lol:

Anyway, I want to reiterate what the Donster said and to stress that FHC's website and forum is soley about Star Trek TOYS and collecting, and we don't get into any discussions about the actual programme or the movies.

If you want to talk actual Trek, your best bet is still TU.

Anyway, the site is growing fast with those of us who collect Trek toys, so do come and join us. :)

And Ady...........I had to laugh when I read what you said remembering the day when you changed the AA skin to a kind of retina~searing acid orange that had me yelping and reaching for my sunglasses! :lol::lol:

Yeah but that lasted all of 7 minutes :P

Well, I had hoped this would have gone better, constructive criticism aside :( Since a few of the members on the forum missed talking to the Trek fans too. Like them, I missed the comradery I've shared in both forums. Which is why I started this thread, not to have the old competition start up again. While I know some members are either one way or the other, I enjoy both lines. I'm actually looking forward to the DCD Minimates because I'm a big Batman fan. Not to mention I've met some great folks, like Shanester, Cappy and Timbo.

I remember when Shanester told me where to find the Tower exclusive Silver Surfer and I remember when I received my "special" present from TBT in the form of a Bombermate, back in the day. Now I can't get enough of them or the friends I've made because of them. But I still like Trek toys as well and I'm glad to see the momentum is building in the line again. My only hope is that the Minimates line starts picking up it's steam again too. I was just hoping that if members wanted to talk to friends from the old AA Trek forum, they knew where we were ;) Since everyone has been scattered across the cosmos as of late.

:lol: Ya think ;) On the plus side, had one good hour of sleep before the dogs woke me up :rolleyes: Wish I had something stronger than Tylenol PM to put me to sleep. Since I need to get used to getting up early for SDCC :D Don't want to miss anything by being a sleepy head :blink: