UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BTTF2 review

Just got these today, and I have to say, DST is winning me over with the EntertainMates (I just made that up. Chuck, have your people call my people). They're really stepping it up in terms of detail and volume of accessories on these to make for really fun sets. I also find myself liking the four-pack format a lot. You get a good fix without the glut feeling a six- or eight-figure wave can give you. Okay, who am I kidding, I have no problem shoveling over for eight figures at a time. But the four-pack is still nice.

Sorry in advance for my crappy camera. I really need to invest in a better rig...

Future Marty

martyboard1.jpg

Really fun figure. The hoverboard is awesome. And yes, it has sculpted detail on the bottom (forgot to take a pic of that, but you can kind of see it here).

martyboard2.jpg

martyboard3.jpg

Accessories also include jacket and high-top sneakers. This is the face that actually comes with this figure; I like the Marty in Disguise face a little better, so I swapped it for display, as seen in the first pic.

martyboard4.jpg

I'm really impressed with the tampo detail on this figure in particular. They even got the imprint on the elbow rivet. All in all, my favorite figure of the bunch.

Future Doc Brown

doc1.jpg

This was my least favorite of the set. Mostly because it's going to take a bunch of PIA customizing to make him right, and it's going to nag me until I do it.

doc3.jpg

Doc comes with glasses and a coat – and it's a new sculpt, not just a repainted wave one coat, to which I tip my hat. However, I would have preferred the shirt and tie to be tampo'ed details rather than sculpted, so the shirt could have had the cool kanji symbols all over it. That's mod number one.

Mod number two is the sculpted head. I just can't abide it. So, I'll have to dremel it out and fit it on a real head, thusly:

1955doc.jpg

Such will be the fate of every other sculpted head you throw at me, DST. Do you hear me? I won't abide them.

Anyhoo, they tried to do something sort of cool with the glasses by making them removable. Close, but no cigar. When they're off, he has two big ole' holes in the sides of his face. When they're on, the tampo doesn't line up quite right:

doc2.jpg

Marty in Disguise

martyblack1.jpg

Not much to say about him. The face is better than Future Marty's face. And the leather jacket will be handy if you plan on doing a Danny Zucco custom for your Grease diorama. Which I don't. But maybe you're into Grease or something.

martyblack2.jpg

Hat and jacket, that's about it.

...and the surprise second-favorite of the set

Future Biff

biff1.jpg

I was all ready to call Doc my second favorite, and probably sell or trade off Disguise Marty and Future Biff. But then this stone cold fricking pimp comes in and eats Doc's lunch.

He's got muttonchops.

biff2.jpg

Yeah! Muttonchops! Sculpted right on there! And a stylin'-and-profilin' butterfly collar! And a Rolex! Come on. This guy rules, does he not? Oh, yes, Biff will show you the pimp hand if you disagree.

biff3.jpg

What? You want to see the pimp hand? Yeah, you better run.

Just got these today, and I have to say, DST is winning me over with the EntertainMates (I just made that up. Chuck, have your people call my people). They're really stepping it up in terms of detail and volume of accessories on these to make for really fun sets. I also find myself liking the four-pack format a lot. You get a good fix without the glut feeling a six- or eight-figure wave can give you. Okay, who am I kidding, I have no problem shoveling over for eight figures at a time. But the four-pack is still nice.

Sorry in advance for my crappy camera. I really need to invest in a better rig...

Future Marty

martyboard1.jpg

Really fun figure. The hoverboard is awesome. And yes, it has sculpted detail on the bottom (forgot to take a pic of that, but you can kind of see it here).

martyboard2.jpg

martyboard3.jpg

Accessories also include jacket and high-top sneakers. This is the face that actually comes with this figure; I like the Marty in Disguise face a little better, so I swapped it for display, as seen in the first pic.

martyboard4.jpg

I'm really impressed with the tampo detail on this figure in particular. They even got the imprint on the elbow rivet. All in all, my favorite figure of the bunch.

Future Doc Brown

doc1.jpg

This was my least favorite of the set. Mostly because it's going to take a bunch of PIA customizing to make him right, and it's going to nag me until I do it.

doc3.jpg

Doc comes with glasses and a coat – and it's a new sculpt, not just a repainted wave one coat, to which I tip my hat. However, I would have preferred the shirt and tie to be tampo'ed details rather than sculpted, so the shirt could have had the cool kanji symbols all over it. That's mod number one.

Mod number two is the sculpted head. I just can't abide it. So, I'll have to dremel it out and fit it on a real head, thusly:

1955doc.jpg

Such will be the fate of every other sculpted head you throw at me, DST. Do you hear me? I won't abide them.

Anyhoo, they tried to do something sort of cool with the glasses by making them removable. Close, but no cigar. When they're off, he has two big ole' holes in the sides of his face. When they're on, the tampo doesn't line up quite right:

doc2.jpg

Marty in Disguise

martyblack1.jpg

Not much to say about him. The face is better than Future Marty's face. And the leather jacket will be handy if you plan on doing a Danny Zucco custom for your Grease diorama. Which I don't. But maybe you're into Grease or something.

martyblack2.jpg

Hat and jacket, that's about it.

...and the surprise second-favorite of the set

Future Biff

biff1.jpg

I was all ready to call Doc my second favorite, and probably sell or trade off Disguise Marty and Future Biff. But then this stone cold fricking pimp comes in and eats Doc's lunch.

He's got muttonchops.

biff2.jpg

Yeah! Muttonchops! Sculpted right on there! And a stylin'-and-profilin' butterfly collar! And a Rolex! Come on. This guy rules, does he not? Oh, yes, Biff will show you the pimp hand if you disagree.

biff3.jpg

What? You want to see the pimp hand? Yeah, you better run.

Hey 'Wink!

You get these from Limited Edition?

Any idea If they have any left?

Mine showed up in yesterday's mail.... I like all of these BTTF guys.... great detail.

It took me a while to get Doc's glasses in place and lined up.... the mounting is a little tough to get placed.

I still like BTTF Series 1 Doc the best of any of the sets though.

Has any one built the Millionaire Playboy Billboard diorama for these BTTF guys? It's pretty cool.

Is this Biff called "Future Biff" on the package? This is actually 1985-A Biff, from the nightmare alternate version of 1985, which wouldn't technically be the 'future'.

Is this Biff called "Future Biff" on the package? This is actually 1985-A Biff, from the nightmare alternate version of 1985, which wouldn't technically be the 'future'.

Sorry, my mistake. It's called "Alternate 1985 Biff Tannen" on the package.

I'm fired.

Why don't you make like a tree, and get outta here!

ps. Great pics!

Sorry, my mistake. It's called "Alternate 1985 Biff Tannen" on the package.

I'm fired.

Why don't you make like a tree, and get outta here!

ps. Great pics!

Hey! Leave the poor guy alone....

You know what you are. Bean?

You're as much use as a screen-door on a battleship!! ;)

Sorry, Had to be done...