UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Future Licenses

I was sooooo hoping AA would get Mega Man before the license went to Jazwares.

I'd really dig Thundercats. If someone does something with the license even if it's a 180 from the original we still might be able to get some classic and new incarnations of the characters in AA like AA seems to be doing with their Speed Racer line.

As far as other mentions I'd love to get Guyver minis, such cool designs. I'd honestly dig MOTU and G.I. Joe minis as well. The possibilities with Joes are endless. TMNT would be cool too. With Joe and TMNT the mental image of an army of foot soldiers or cobra troopers is really impressive.

:Star Wars:

Series 1-

Luke Skywalker/Rebel Pilot Luke and Tusken Raider

Han Solo and Chewbacca

Princess Leia and Emporer Palpatine

Ben Kenobi and Darth Vader

Series 2-

Black Outifit Luke and Stormtrooper

Slave Leia and Jabba the Hutt

Carbonite Han and Boba Fett

C-3P0/R2-D2 and Gammorean Guard

Series 3-

Camouflage Luke and Scout Trooper

Camouflage Leia and Wicket

Rebel Soldier and TIE Pilot/Snow Trooper

Ben's Ghost and Yoda

Series 4 (Episode 1)-

Padawan Obi-Wan and Battle Droid

Qui-Gon Jin and Darth Maul

Young Anakin and Queen Amidala/Padme

Jar-Jar Binks and Droideka

Series 5 (Episode 2)-

Padawan Anakin and Count Dooku

Jedi Obi-Wan and Super Battle Droid

Mace Windu and Jango Fett

Clone Trooper and Aayla Secura/Clone Commander

Series 6 (Episode 3)-

Anakin Skywalker and Senator Palpatine

Obi-Wan Kenobi and General Grievous

Ki-Adi Mundi and Clone Trooper

Pregnant Padme and Burnt Anakin/Electrocuted Windu

Series 7 (Bounty Hunters)-

Greedo and Bossk

Dengar and Zam Wesell

IG-88 and 4-LOM

Jango Fett and Boba Fett

I do realize that Jango and Boba are in there twice each.

More to come soon-ish!

Great answers, all of them! I would really like to see AA take the route of Mego (without the bankruptcy, of course!) :lol: and a combination of licenses with non-licensed items.

Licensed items:

Doctor Who (another person on the board posted his survey for a class project. This would be a brilliant license):

Doctor (Christopher Eccleston (sp?) with Rose

Doctor (David Tennant) with Rose variant (?)

Doctor (David Tennant) in tux with Cyberleader

Captain Jack with "Empty Child"

Tom Baker Doctor with K9

Tom Baker Doctor variant with (I don't know, "Revenge style Cybermen?)

Dalek boxed set with a Doctor variant (prob David Tennant, maybe with 3D glasses)

I know I picked a lot of variants, but I know sets with main characters sell the best, and the Doctors and their companions come with a lot of different looks, so they could do this without shortchanging many people. And think of the extra parts for customizers! :P

(also some chase figures: I am thinking a "glowing eye" Rose and Eccleston Doctor ala "Parting of the Ways", Tennant in PJs, (or jimjans, as I think they are called in the UK)

Flash Gordon!

Other licenses:

How about sport licenses for different teams, etc? I am not a sports fan, but it might be useful in drawing others into buying 'mates (thus earning AA more money, and extending the life of "mates)

Masters of the Universe would be good too.

Someone mentioned Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Not my favorite franchise, but I think a good idea.

Horror and Sci Fi cinema icons (as has been mentioned before!)

And some non-licenses (which would be cheap, and which Mego used to their advantage for some time)

Knights and Dragons (with playsets including castles, catapults, etc)

Police and Firefighters (always a hit with young boys, and maybe with C3 feet could be used with pre-existing building sets built around these themes!)

Military figures (another perennial favorite)

and one I would really like to see:

Classic Monsters: Dracula, Frankenstein's monster (maybe a bonus lab playset with Dr Frankenstein, a variant version of the monster, and a malformed assistant! "It's Alive!")

Witches, werewolves, ghosts, scary pirates, mummies, etc. The list is endless, and generally these figures are public domain so AA wouldn't have to pay a cent in licensing fees (or they can go the license route and tap into the Universal Monsters like Bela Lugosi's Dracula, Boris Karloff's Frankenstein monster, etc)

Oh, I forgot another one I have always wanted:

CustoMates!

Taking a page from Stikfas, sell blank minimates of different colors with a variety of pre-cut labels, accessories (laser guns, swords, tools, hairpieces, clothing, etc). They can go the non-license route, and just do general items, or the license route (like Marvel or DC) and have it where customers can build their own Minimates! It's arts and crafts, and a building toy, and an action figure--rolled up into one!)

A lot of people seem to want the same kinds of things I'd like to see. Doctor Who would be fantastic, and potentially long-lived, what with all the Doctors, companions, and monsters. My girlfriend has said several times that she'd be all over video game character Minimates, especially Nintendo stuff, and both of us would really enjoy seeing some Oddworld characters as Minimates (some would be impossible, but an Abe would be darn cute).

I'd love to see some Serenity/Firefly ones. They are already with Diamond Select, so I have no idea how that would affect it.

Gumby would also be cool. I know that Kubricks did two waves a few years back, but it would still be a neat line.

And like someone else said, one of Indiana Jones would be cool too with the new movie coming soon. Gotta love the good doctor.

Here is what I would like to see...

in the music ..... Metallica.... Led Zepplin...Why not they did KISS!!!!

in the movies.... Star Wars, Scarface

In the TV shows.... Knight Rider... Mike and Garth, Devon and RC3, Bonnie and April

The A - Team

Street Hawk

and general minimates such as NASA and military stuffs :P

Dan

You guys are thinking on too large of a scale here. You need to think big license, smaller line. Less characters to complete the license.

As an example, Tom & Jerry would work.

Tom

Jerry

Spike

Droopy Dog

See? Nice easy line, instant recognition of all the characters, and the whole line can be completed in just one wave. If it does well, it could be expanded to specific episode related figures, such as Tom & Jerry from the Two Mousketeers episode.

Scooby Doo would work also.

Scooby

Shaggy

Fred

Velma

Daphne

Creeper

Again, the whole line can be completed in one wave, but there is room to continue if it succeeds at mass/specialty retailers. Repaints would even make sense AND give us different characters - Scooby can easily be repainted in to Scooby Dumb, Scrappy, etc. Shaggy could wear either his traditional green shirt, or the red one he was sometimes shown in.

Johnny Quest is another such license that could be completed in one line.

Johnny

Hadji

Dr Quest

Race Bannon

Bandit

Dr Zin OR a Lizard Man

Classic monsters - as suggested above - could work well also. Do the classics first. Frankenstein, Dracula, Mummy and Werewolf - if you need 6 in the line, add Creature from the Black Lagoon and Bride of Frankenstein (using the Leader's big noggin).

Based on AA's recent line choices - Speed Racer, Kelloggs, Rocky - I think the above suggestions would stand a better chance of getting done than anything else suggested before unfortunately. Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see SW, James Bond, Thundercats, Dr Who, etc, but they're just too big to guarantee we'd see the complete line and we'd end up with a partial collection, as we have with LOTR and quite possibly, SFII.