UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Sticker/decal help

Hey all

I'm looking to do some mini-customizing, but my painting skills are less than stellar. I usually just do a base coat and pass it along to my wife the artist to finish up. Which leads me to my request for help. I think the whole decal/sticker idea concerning minimate customization is a great idea, and I'd love to get on board, but I don't have the expertise to start from scratch.

What computer program makes the best stickers/decals?

Are their tempaltes available?

Does anyone have any ready-made stickers?

Even if you can't help, drop me a pm and let me know that you share an intrest in this facet of customizing, so I can get this ball rolling!

I use Adobe illustrator because vector packages don't suffer from scaling or jaggy issues you sometimes get with the likes of photoshop etc.

As for a template... I think this one is an AI template but should import into a lot of things.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&p=19006

As for general advice, you still need some artistic skills to do this on a computer but it's way more forgiving than paintwork. I'm sure we have some more complete guides around the verse but I dont have time to look right now. :)

I think that one of the best ways is simply to try it and see how you get on, use plain paper and double sided tape until you get something that is scaled and looks how you want it before going to the expense of using decal paper though.

If you have specific questions just ask and I'm sure someone will chip in and help.

T.

I also use Adobe Illustrator. I have no idea how to use it either lol. I have kinda self-taught myself the basic stuff though. I definitely recommend it. Decals look so much cleaner than trying to paint all the little details, although there are a few members on here who have amazing skills when it comes to painting. Also I suggest using a white primer on the mates before painting. That way there are less coats of paint that you have to put on.