UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Will Minimates Central review other lines/licences?

Hey

Not sure if this is the right part of the forum to post this but here goes...

Do the guys behind the ever wonderful and recently rejuvenenated Minimates Central ever plan to do reviews of the DC, Star Trek, 24, Fistful of Dollars etc 'Mates?

It's great to see them featured in the Minimate Headquarters database, but the full reviews are so great and informative on Central,

Or will it just be Marvel, C3 and early licences for the foreseeable future?

I know It's probably a case of lack of funds and possible limited availability of minimates, but i'd love to see them review the other lines,

Pipe dream...or...Potential joy for all? :)

They only re-launched last month, I'm sure they've a huuuuuuuuuuuge backlog to work through. Two waves of BSG, Star Trek,SIX waves of DC! Plus BTTF, 24 and as you've mentioned the Crint Eastwood sets. I reckon they'll get there eventually.

I'm really curious about this as well. Especially since the first wave of Star Trek 'mates is already on the site, and the first exclusive Starbuck for the Battlestar Galactica line are already on the site. Mostly I'm just hoping that the DC line gets covered!

I can exclusively reveal that next up after the Marvel wave 16 reviews will indeed be DC wave 1. Keep an eye out! We came back with the Marvel licences as they are the biggest part of the site (review wise) and it was good to get straight up to date with the waves.

With the 4-month hiatus on the site there is a backlog of stuff to cover and I will be trying to get as much of it covered as possible, it just won't be me personally reviewing them, although I do intend to dip my toe back into the water at some point :D

Also, threads like this are fine, I can't see how anyone could interpret it as a flame-fest. All people have to bear in mind is that the site is run as a hobby.

I can exclusively reveal that next up after the Marvel wave 16 reviews will indeed be DC wave 1.

With the 4-month hiatus on the site there is a backlog of stuff to cover and I will be trying to get as much of it covered as possible, it just won't be me personally reviewing them, although I do intend to dip my toe back into the water at some point :D

I'm thrilled beyond belief at these two pieces of news. Minimates Central is the main reason I'm so obsessed with minimates now, and thus the cause of me even being on this forum. If it weren't for you, I arguably would have been finished as soon as I had purchased all of the LOTR 'mates. All hail Minimates Central!

I can exclusively reveal that next up after the Marvel wave 16 reviews will indeed be DC wave 1. Keep an eye out! We came back with the Marvel licences as they are the biggest part of the site (review wise) and it was good to get straight up to date with the waves.

Also, threads like this are fine, I can't see how anyone could interpret it as a flame-fest. All people have to bear in mind is that the site is run as a hobby.

I am really excited to hear that you will be doing DC those mates are awsome I can't wait to see how they hold the the critical eye of minimatecentral.

I am even more excited to hear that Danny will be back to do some reviews. While the new guy is great, no one can compare to Danny

Thanks for the kind words as always. I've never been entirely sure why people had such a strong attraction to the site as it looks so outdated and horrible, but I've always tried my best with the content and every review I have done has a lot of "me" in it, if you know what I mean.

I'm pleased with the new guy's reviews - it's been cool reading them and seeing how he has kept the same style that I used to write in. I hope you are all enjoying him too.

...I've always tried my best with the content and every review I have done has a lot of "me" in it, if you know what I mean.

Mayhap that's why people have such a strong attraction to the site? :)

The appeal of the site for me is just that, I like the fact that Central can review a toy and not be afraid to point out the faults instead of being slavishly fanboyish like some sites,

Looking forward to the DC reviews btw..Good going!

Personally, I think the new guy is a bit too harsh. I mean he called Thor almost perfect and gave him a seven. Its great to see the site back though, and he's still doing a fine job. Besides, you gave Thanos a what, 4 or 6? :P