UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Greetings from a Newbie!

Just wanted to pop in and say HELLO. My name is Rick and I'm new to the Minimates toyline. I've been collecting toys for years (mostly Batman and DC Comics), but have never purchased Minimates. I just recently got the DVD of BATMAN: NEW TIMES which featured animated minimates and was voiced by Mark Hamill and Adam West. That video has got me wanting to collect these toys now!! :)

--Rick

Welcome aboard, Rick. I think you'll find now is the best time to start collecting Minimates, because there's so many interesting ones to look forward to: Star Trek, BSG, Back to the Future, Rocky, For A Few Dollars More, and of course DC and Marvel!

welcome to the forum. Batman: new times is most defiently a great animated short.

Yes, it was a very cool flick!

Well, I'm working on tracking down as many DC minimates as I can. My online comic store has all of the series available from Series 1 and up, so I think I'm just going to order from there. I'm going to have to track down all of the C3 vehicles and figs. Guess I'll be hitting Ebay.

What retail stores are the best for buying these? I'm sure I've seen them at TRU, but I was just in Target at lunchtime today and didn't see anything available.

--Rick

Just wanted to pop in and say HELLO. My name is Rick and I'm new to the Minimates toyline. I've been collecting toys for years (mostly Batman and DC Comics), but have never purchased Minimates. I just recently got the DVD of BATMAN: NEW TIMES which featured animated minimates and was voiced by Mark Hamill and Adam West. That video has got me wanting to collect these toys now!! :)

--Rick

hi and were did you get that new times dvd?

--Rick

hi and were did you get that new times dvd?

I received it from DAVE SCHOOL. It has animated menus, and includes a "making of", TV commercial, and a News Channel story. Here's a pic of my dvd, but the quality of the pic is not the best:

dsc00974xi9.jpg

I'll pretty much be a DC collector... although I am eyeing those BSG and ST figs. I did just order the Darktide set mainly to get the dvd. I enjoy my share of Marvel Comics, but I don't plan on collecting Marvel figs. I just want the dvd to go with my Batman dvd. --Rick

BTW.. I also picked up a C3 Batman Glider and am bidding on a couple of other pieces. My goal is to find as many of the C3 sets as possible. I'm kicking myself for not picking them up when they were in the stores. I looked at them quite a few times and thought about picking them up, but didn't want to start another collection. Oh well....

Anyone know where I can get a Mini Javelin set MIB?? :)

Welcome!! If you are spending like this now, wait till you get ahold of the other lines. Mates are both drug and disease.

You'll have a job finding that one. Everyone wants it. Try eBay everyday for the next year.

And welcome btw.

Well, I'm 1 weekend into collecting these things and I've managed to track down most of what I'm looking for. Spent way too much over the weekend, but I've gotten the following, all MIB:

C3/DC: Batglider, Mini Batmobile, Chemical Warehouse, Throne Room, Batmobile, Batwing, Batcave, Mini Javelin, Nightwing Miniflyer, Stealth Batwing, John Stewart GL Exclusive, and all sets of Series 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Battlestar Galactica: Series 1 and 2 (including all Variants), pre-ordered Series 3

Star Trek: Series 1 and 2 (including all Variants)

On top of all that, I'm bidding on the Batcopter set and the Starbuck ToyFair figure. I set out to get only DC items, but couldn't resist the ST and BSG!

I got everything at decent prices, except for that Mini Javelin! Damn, I paid too much for that thing, but it would really bug the $#@@ outta me to be missing those figs!

Now I just need to get the rest of the Miniflyers and the Batcycle! Anyone wanna help me out with those? :)