UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Question regarding ebay pre-order transaction

the4meterman

so.

i ordered the Thor line last month. actually, the day after it came out in the West coast.

however, during that time the ebay store that i been getting all my DC mates from (Enchanted Toychest, they are awesome by the way) didnt have it yet. so i ordered it from someone else (which in hindsight, big mistake, explanation as follow),

this store that is supposedly based in New York (coz the name said so)

Now this is the interesting part. they said it's still a preorder at that time, and i think to myself, alright, fine, coz you are in the East coast and from what i been reading for the pass 3-4 years, East coast gets stuff later.

it's been 3 weeks later. i still havent gotten my Thor...

note that i also contacted them a week later, when the East coast supposedly got their stuff, but they still said they havent gotten it, and tell me to read the item descriptions, coz it said it will ship within 30 days.

i never experienced any pre-order deal, so my concern is, is this normal? am i overreacting? or i just got shafted.

anyone please help? maybe give me some comfort so i can sleep at night??

Who's the seller? Is it a store or a private company?

I think you need to ask via e-bay where your stuff is. If you dont get a reply within 24-48 hours tell them you're going into dispute with them. That should get a result.

It's always worth getting a bud to check any other auctions they have going and ask them a question. If they give a reply you've got them bang to rights.

I had to do this to someone a couple of years back. They ignored all my e-mails until I got a mate to e-mail them a question about a different item. They responded immediately so then I went in with both barrels and had my missing item inside of a week.

Good luck with it. Hope you get a result.

If it is a power seller, there is a chance they havent gotten around to your email yet. Power sellers sell a lot and have a lot of emails to work with from their actual customers and others asking questions. With power sellers if their feedback is good, then its probably that they are busy, but if they have negative feedback within the last 6 or 12 months, go and check their feedback for yourself and make your own call.

so yea.

i had some time during lunch at work,

so i went in to check the feedback.

apparently this store has 70 negative feedback in the last 12 months (201 total in years of business)

but all the negative seems to have the same reason:

"paid but never deliver"

so yea. lucky me huh?

if it comes to worse, it's only thirty something dollars... unlike some of the feedback.... i think i saw one that cost over $150... bummer...

so yea.

i had some time during lunch at work,

so i went in to check the feedback.

apparently this store has 70 negative feedback in the last 12 months (201 total in years of business)

but all the negative seems to have the same reason:

"paid but never deliver"

so yea. lucky me huh?

if it comes to worse, it's only thirty something dollars... unlike some of the feedback.... i think i saw one that cost over $150... bummer...

go through the disputed transaction process.... e Bay's cracking down on losers and deadbeats and will help you. If you used Paypal, get them invovled.... I think they have some type of buyer protection.

so.

i ordered the Thor line last month. actually, the day after it came out in the West coast.

however, during that time the ebay store that i been getting all my DC mates from (Enchanted Toychest, they are awesome by the way) didnt have it yet. so i ordered it from someone else (which in hindsight, big mistake, explanation as follow),

this store that is supposedly based in New York (coz the name said so)

Now this is the interesting part. they said it's still a preorder at that time, and i think to myself, alright, fine, coz you are in the East coast and from what i been reading for the pass 3-4 years, East coast gets stuff later.

it's been 3 weeks later. i still havent gotten my Thor...

note that i also contacted them a week later, when the East coast supposedly got their stuff, but they still said they havent gotten it, and tell me to read the item descriptions, coz it said it will ship within 30 days.

i never experienced any pre-order deal, so my concern is, is this normal? am i overreacting? or i just got shafted.

anyone please help? maybe give me some comfort so i can sleep at night??

It must be collectorsuniverse. I've wanted to purchase some minimates from that seller but making preorders seem problematic. Based on his feedback you'll wait a long time for your preorder or fight for a refund. Keep on it until you get your item. It's always best to stick to your reliable known sellers or those with barely any negatives.

by the way, am i allowed to disclose the seller's name here?

you think i would get it trouble if i do??

coz i mean, i wouldnt want any of my fellow minimates collectors to go thru the same thing. waiting for them to come out is one thing, waiting for them to get to your house even though you already paid for it is an entirely different story.

Man i dont think you'll get in trouble. I got shafted with the zombie mates as a pre-order on ebay and all i could do is raise a claim and now the guys account has been suspended. Let all know who has ripped you off so it will prevent it happening to anyone else.

on a better note there is a dude on the bay called highgrade60s and he kicks ass i got the avengers and zombies from him in no time at all and ive DC wave 5 on the way.

It is never against the rules to disclose a deal gone bad, but since we are not privy to both sides of the story (not saying we don't believe you), calling people names or generally being ugly is discouraged. Keep it civil and and you can probably keep the same from happening to one of your Mini-brothers & sisters.

In another forum I belong to, there is a great list of con-artist and deadbeat Ebayers. I'd start one here, but the risk of it becoming slanderous, has me hesitating.

At one point, (and I think now as well) placing auctuons or buy-it-nows for pre-orders were against eBay policy. You had to have the item in hand at the time you submitted the auction in order to sell it. Even with good feedback, I still wouldn't buy a pre-order on eBay just in case. I've seen a lot of sellers that had pre-order auctions get kicked from eBay for other reasons, then you have little to no recourse in getting your money back.

Also, Paypal will only fight to get money back within 45 days of the auctions end, and eBay itself will help for 60 days after the end. A lot of pre-orders fall outside that time range, so you're pretty much out of luck if it's over 60 days.

yea. alright.

so skynet is right.

it is collectoruniverse.

i will give them one more week, and i will start raising hell.

I pre-ordered the Zombie 5 pack from them back in the beginning of July. I was a bit worried about getting my package from them so I ended up picking it up at an LCS. About a week later my Zombies from Collectoruniverse arrived.

yea. alright.

so skynet is right.

it is collectoruniverse.

i will give them one more week, and i will start raising hell.

I pre-ordered the Zombie 5 pack from them back in the beginning of July. I was a bit worried about getting my package from them so I ended up picking it up at an LCS. About a week later my Zombies from Collectoruniverse arrived.

damn yall got me worried a little bit too now

cause i ordered the bp/zombie im and the taskmaster/usagent packs on ebay preorder

i think mine where at collectoruniverse too, so now im really worried

I have never trusted pre-buys especially when the item isn't due out for month or more. What's to keep them from shafting you if the item gets delayed (and minimates are always getting delayed). Last month I saw a pre-buy for marvel wave 20 (the vision one) and that's not due out until at least December right? More like it will hit in Febuary. Who'd be crazy enough to buy that one with like five months to wait (feedback is only good for threee). But like 3 people did it at least by my count.

I once bought a book on eBay that I never received. I think that was an honest loss by the post people but you can never be sure. I messaged the guy and he said there was nothing he could do. Other than that I've been lucky.

I always avoided pre orders (to easy for someone to scam you) and the way to avoid the dreaded "I did send it" is the tracking/insurance route. It more of a pain for those that live outside of the U.S. to do these things (not sure how Fedex/UPS works outside the U.S.) In over 200 auctions I've only had three negative experiences (one for not receiving payment, receiving the item, and a complete refusal to pay) and that doesn't include all the feedback I never received. Personal I like eBay but I prefer my mates coming from my mates.