UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mar-Vell!

Mate-iac

post-1624-1189202985_thumb.jpg

post-1624-1189203058_thumb.jpg post-1624-1189203066_thumb.jpg

At last, Mar-Vell has arrived! All in all, I'm pleased the way he came out, especially for my first custom. I'm no sculptor though, unlike some of you pros out there, so I'm only using existing parts. However, thanks to the DC Aquaman/Ocean Master set, I got the hair and "nega-bands" I wanted. The body is made from a repainted Spider-Woman, using tac paper for the straight lines, an airbrush, and Citadel acrylic paints. The chest lines, back lines, and mask are made from transparent waterslide decal paper, and some photoshop work. Aquaman's face was perfect, so I kept that headpiece, colored in his eyes with white paint, and placed the decal of the mask over that (It was the only way to get the color white. I had trouble with the white decal paper. It cracks and bleeds, so I don't recommend using it.). Finally, Marv's logo is made from plain old white label paper, a printer, and some careful cutting and some retouches with yellow paint. I sealed him up, and Viola!

Thanks to everyone on this site who posted their tips. I couldn't have done this without you. I hope some of you will leave me some feedback. I can't wait to hear from you!

:o that is awsome what are you working on next

My next one is Black Bolt. I've always wanted me a Black Bolt minimate. He's almost done, so I'll post him here as soon as I can.

Moon Knight will probably be after him. I can't resist using that DC Spectre cowl piece. It screams Moon Knight! :woot:

Nope, this is my first. All it took was getting the right supplies and following the tips presented both here and on minimate headquarters.com. I do have an artistic background, however, and carefully planned out the creation of Marv with a template, shown here. I've included the Black Bolt template here as well.

post-1624-1189281103_thumb.jpg post-1624-1189281119_thumb.jpg

First custom or not, this is an awesome 'mate. Ich bin sehr beeindruckt! (that means impressed) ;)